Xavi and I decided to try and catch our dinner today. Xavi brought his gear over to New Town, despite the treacherous floodwaters lurking off 370, and we journeyed to the front lakes. After 20 minutes of grueling casting we hit pay dirt. Joff caught what we think was a Rock Bass. It came in at a not-at-all respectable 6 ounces (maybe). We had hoped to have fish for dinner and to sell the excess meat to Marsalla's but Shakespeares Pizza over at the Wine Bar actually sounded alot better and I'm pretty sure that Marsalla's doesn't actually buy fish caught out of the New Town lakes. So we didn't have to beat the poor little guy to death, rather we let him return to his peaceful life in the lake.
Step Into the Action with nbabox Stream Services
9 months ago
5 comments:
ah ha. touche. nice work. if you had only shotguned a beer or peed off a boat you might have cought a shark or a volkswagon bug sized catfish or something.
id work on selling your catch a bit more. i would imagine fresh fish doesnt make the menu too often, and you might have a nitch for yourselves. if you simply put a towel over the fishing rules sign, then it doesnt exist, kinda like at the shutinns. tell that to jamie bastin.
i would imagine with all the water threatening iminent death that your wench dreams should be in full swing. i can picture you hapily wakeboarding past peoples flood plain farm houses in the midst of them writing things like "never give up" and "no fear" on their roofs with sand bags. call out the channel 5 helicopter for a juxtaposition of events all with water as the main character. a news special to trump all others: "one mans tragety spells another mans glee" coming to you live from the eye in the sky in northern st. charles, im Frank
Arute giving you once again an ever pointless story that we have attempted to dramatize enough so that youll all never leave your homes again.
I didn't think I would ever land such a beast...but after such a long fight I was able to land the little bugger.
Fishing was relaxing although the wind was a little bit of a nuisance. It may have been more fun than my softball experience which could be a whole post in itself...church sports "ministry"...I think I am going to start a Ultimate Fighting Ministry...it is what Jesus would want.
I also agree that the floodwaters look very serene, Lakeside 370 is now Riverside 370 and it looks glorious.
In response to Neal's comment from the previous post, you would raise high in the ranks of the Iwaszkowiec family if you were able to find some Brazil kits for young children and bring a few back to the states with you. I believe in you, you can do it.
Also...Amie thinks that our child should play golf...lots and lots of golf. The jury is still out on this.
Today is the Euro Final...i got Sthpain. Ole!!
All this bantering about fish is making want some walleye at "The Yellowstone Cafe"; I think I'll have some for lunch today...
Congrats to all the Spaniards on their well deserved win over the Teutons....they were lucky not o take a couple of more in...
A "Canarinho" kit is on the way as we speak for Sparky, so no worries Neal...enjoy the chorizzo....
well, off to Forest Park with 3 of the Gabrian boys as we'll analyse the trajectories of spherical dimpled objects through O2 ladden space....
a truly inspired post. brilliant even. I laughed out loud. well done bros...well done...
congrats to "mista laaaaage" for working in the Jamie Bastin reference...digging deep into the annals of memory for that one. also enjoyed the use of "juxtaposition".
Xavi should definitely post something on church sports ministries. and then we can forward it to his former place of employment.
sounds like juan-carlos has a tough day ahead of him.
very excited about the Brasil kit...
teaching kid to be the next Tiger Woods is intriguing...I waffle between Sparky golfing and/or kicking football field goals/extra points.
spain is a deserving winner. ole.
a NEAL sighting!
we will keep you updated on sparky's progress...
no baby yet.
I didn't think this deserved a full post but I wanted to share:
-GET SMART is a very funny movie. if you like Steve Carrol (sp?) then you will like this movie. not sure if I'd pay full price but a matinee or definitely a rental. some very quotable lines. I need to see again when comes out on DVD.
-WALL-E is very entertaining as well. definitely a bit "different" but worth a watch. again, not sure if I'd pay full price but I think it IS worth seeing on the big screen because those PIXAR people are amazing. seriously amazing.
no baby yet.
Post a Comment