Remember when you were a little kid and you got sick and got to miss a couple days of school and everything? It was never really that bad right? In fact it was kind of nice because you got to stay home, lay in bed all day, watch daytime tv, and drink lots of 7up. Not a bad trade off for a little fever. Well, being sick when you are old it is not that fun. I've spent the better part of the last 4 days with a fever. Today has been the first day since Saturday night that I've been able to sit up and that I've actually wanted to eat anything. I've also consumed copious amounts of 7up. Which is just as good as I remembered. However, that's been about the only pleasant thing I've experienced the last few days. Johanna did take good care of me, and made me go to the doctor when I really didn't want to go, but I'm glad that I'm feeling better. And able to speak in complete sentences again.
It was nice to be able to catch up on my daytime tv though. I've watched a whole lot of Sportscenter and I'm pretty sick of hearing about the whole San Diego Chargers coaching thing. Though I do think that they were the best team in the NFL and that if they had a different coach they probably would've beaten the Patriots. I will also never understand the appeal of NASCAR, and the ridiculous amount of coverage ESPN gives it. Other new favorites from the last 4 days on the couch: Maui Fever (oddly fascinating), Engaged and Underage (ditto), Days of Our Lives (an old favorite really), 2 A Days. and the Grammy Awards. I think I've also watched the 13th Warrior like 3 times since Monday (those stupid dish network movie channels suck me in every time).
That's all I've got for now.
Step Into the Action with nbabox Stream Services
9 months ago
3 comments:
I'm glad you have finally emerged from your fever and headache induced stupor. You had me a little worried.
It has been fun catching up on all of this TV while snowed & sicked in, but it is annoying how many times cable networks repeat the same episode. I feel like I can't get anywhere with the shows. We've seen the same episodes of Maui Fever (terrible, terrible: http://www.mauinews.com/story.aspx?id=26943) and Engaged and Underage at least 2 or 3 times.
ditto lots of your thoughts...especially the one about the confusion swirling around the amount of NASCAR coverage?! for real?!
AND...the only time I drink 7UP or Sprite now is when I'm sick.
nascar really sucks everyones ding ding, that fact cannot be refuted no matter your point of reference. case closed, it doesnt even deserve these words. but im shocked at your lack of attention to the riggorious sport of texas hold 'em.
these fine atheletes train not their biceps or quads but their bellys and brains. its really one for the history books how each fierce competitor fends off their opponet with a seemingly simple bluff and the gentle bending of the corner of a card. its almost not fair how some of these skilled athletes have gotten to the point of being practically unbeatable. with footbal, basketball and soccer, there is so much left up to chance, its like its not even the actual skill of the team anymore. i mean, it could be raining during a football game and michael vic might only have his turf shoes. or a fan could throw a beachball out on to left field. dont even get me started on soccers confetti/ toiletpaper streemer problem. theres just too much left up to chance and not enough real actual skill involved.
but with poker, and the constant corner bending, such is not the case. those guys bend just enough to see the color and symbol. poetry in motion trey wingo might say. if the card is bent too much all is lost. your entire career could be over and next thing you know youre playing on saturday.
oh the riggors of champions league poker. the stare downs, the visors, bent hats, head phones; some say they take away from the purity of the sport, i say bluff on my fellow sportsmen. heres to you mr. pennypacker, dont let your gut fool your opponets. with your proud parents in the stands watching you skillfully flip your pocket aces. you sir are a true model for sports enthusiasts the world over. now america has a sports showcase we can be proud of. we have tought the world a valuable lesson. one they can all learn from. one they are willing to drift across shark infested waters for. if a kid is too fat to compete at the ddr invitational, he can still have hope in america. he can still be a professional athlete. this truly is the land of free where a battle of the whits gets you on tv. inconcievable.
Post a Comment