Friday, February 16, 2007

Shaherman Takes Off

I could not wait to see the Teen Choice awards of Fox this year. Traveling around airports makes you a sucker to accept forced fed content. My new favorite provider of this trash is a company called Captive Media. They put little LCD panels in elevators and run fake stories on them, produced by advertisers. The 'ads' toggle between entertainment news, sports, and little facts you would find on the lid of a Snapple. It gives some people an excuse to make conversation with you in the brief elevator ride, which I welcome. I was going up two floors to the Cinnabon at DFW, when a news flash came accross that Wilmer Valderama was up for a Teen Choice award. Vato next to me comments to the group that he is really hoping Fez pulls it off. On my way up to our office on the 24th floor the following Monday, I see that he won and that the weather will be partly cloudy.

3 comments:

NMh said...

My favorite joke for the last four years goes something like this:

Neal: “hey...did that guy call you back?”
Angie: “Who..?
Neal: “Joe”
Angie: “Who!?
Neal: “Joe Mamma”
Angie: “a$$hole..stop doing that"

jar said...

Fez will forever be Fez! Will Wilmer V ever get another serious acting job again?

(but that character makes me laugh every time I see him)

Anonymous said...

neal, nice american way reference. that guy gets under my fingernaiils.