Due to popular demand I am writing a Heroes running diary. If you have no idea what went on, who was who, then this will confuse you even more. Also I became aware of racism running rampant in the Heroes franchise, totally unacceptable. So anyway, Here we go.
Heroes Running Diary
Watched the last 30 minutes of Chuck, it was entertaining but still the first season so that means it just sucks you in, then next season it just sucks. I don’t buy the whole secret agents working at Costco and it seems as if they are going to have to kill chuck soon, but oh well on to the good stuff Heroes.
8:01- Sylar is with Mohinder that is always a fun. Sylar is a great villain. You always need a great villain that is crazy and totally egocentric. Sylar fits that bill. I would compare him to the Mountain that Rides in the GRRM novels although he isn't as strong yet. But crazy, totally unpredictable, and all about himself...check, check, and check.
8:03- Sylar is so great. I love him. I hope that Mya dies soon, I don’t like her. At least one half of the crying twins is dead, hopefully the other follows soon.
8:05- I think Sylar and Adam need to have an epic villain showdown, it would be intense. I think it will happen at the end of season 2 with Sylar being victorious.
8:06- I like Angela Petrelli, I wonder what her power is. I think she is a vampire. And the whole one bullet to the head to kill Peter or Adam is just dumb; it is just like a real person, not very heroic.
8:08- I don’t like Storm Peter as much as I like psychic Peter (from now on they are SP and PP.) Peter is pretty dumb, why does he trust him, i guess when you blow up it messes with your mind. Jimmy commented that now Adam is walking around the warehouse with a sword, just a regular day at the paper warehouse. I mean really, they just walk in, leave a guy lying on the floor and one guy carrying a sword. No one has a problem with this!?!?
8:13- Claire isn’t very intimidating, even when she is punching out windows. She can take down the company, just punch out some more windows! And the whole going to a lab to be experimented on, doesn’t she experiment on herself enough, I mean would being in a lab be worse? I mean she cut off her toe with scissors in the living room. I just don't get it.
8:14- I like it that Ned Ryerson “benched” his daughter. Anytime my child does something wrong I am going to “bench” them. That just sounds funny. “Sparky you’re benched from the dinner table. I have to take you out, you just can't take another inning.”
8:16- I like Noah, by far the best character in the series. Noah is awesome; he should start his own company and then corporate scandal could rock the other company and it would be all kinds of business problems, hostile takeovers and such.
8:18- I hope Nikki dies. I really don’t like her or Micah, although his power is pretty cool. I would like to “talk” to technology. I wonder what my scale would say?
8:19- Peter the Slave isn’t as cool as SP, or PP. Also the logic of all these characters is flawed they just don’t think things through except the villains. PP needs to throw the door at Adam’s head and take it off, it isn’t a single bullet so it probably wouldn’t kill him. Throwing a door with your mind is way more heroic than a bullet though.
8:23- Sylar is the second best character besides Noah. So crazy…I love it!
Text Msg from Rachel- Drawing blood is not that easy.
FYI Heroes you need to keep it realistic!!! You know the flying guys, time stoppers and everything else, at least keep the blood drawing real!
8:25- Second sighting of the “Ho-bag” that is Elle, Bob’s daughter. She is very slutty normally, apparently getting shot takes away the whole slutty vibe. And how does she miss Sylar?!!? She hit West 50 feet in the air and she can't hit Sylar no more than 15 feet away from her?!?!
8:26- Back to the boring people in New Orleans. I think one of them dies, so that would somewhat acceptable. They could discontinue this whole story and no one would really care. I mean just not show anymore of it. Viewers wouldn't mind at all.
8:27- Back to TX, excellent it could get exciting soon. The Paper company apparently is very busy. with all the wireless and e-mail you think it would be a little slower.
8:29- I think West works for the Company too. He is annoying on top of it. Maybe he will die to. I think Mr. Muggles needs super powers they need to appeal to the pet people.
8:30- “Hello Clare Bear” That was pretty cool, although the all in black HRG was a little spooky. I would probably drop my box too.
8:31- Molly is kinda creepy, don’t make her cry Molly…NO!!!
...
...
NICE!!! I LOVE SYLAR!!!
8:32- I hope the wonder twins stay dead. Sylar is moving up the fave character list.
I agree with Rachel why did we have to suffer through those two for most of the episodes if Sylar was just going to kill them? The whole crying all across central america plotline sucked.
8:34- Heroes has a very racist theme going on at the present. So far in the series we have 1 dead black guy, 2 dead Hispanics, 1 dead Japanese, 1 Indian (from India) 1 Irishman, and 1 white guy. So that is 5-2 in favor of the minorities. Most of the violence is race on race...lots of minor white characters were killed by Sylar and I didn't count them. But of the major ones, we had lots of minorities killed.
8:36- Wouldn’t you be happy if your dad was back from the dead?!? I mean really “Hey I am back from the dead.” “We are just supposed to pretend you weren’t dead! JERK!”
And how did he get his glasses back, does he have multiple pairs? Weren’t they destroyed when he was shot? I guess the company had more pairs on standby.
8:38-PP needs to go after Adam apparently, everyone is saying so.
OH....Brother showdown, listen to your brother.
I wonder whose brain is in that jar?
8:40- Ooohhhh a Noah reference between Adam and Hiro. The real one from the Bible not HRG. I wonder if this episode will end with a rainbow? I doubt it, probably with a cockroach.
8:41- Apparently saying “I love you to your brother.” makes him trust you a lot. Jon, Jeremy “I love you, you need to trust me, now give me lots of money or the world will be destroyed.” Also, I don’t think Peter will catch the virus, it is going to break on the floor and a cockroach will get it and spread it and the cockroaches will rule the new world. The series will be over becasue of the writers strike. If that happened I might be strangely satisfied.
8:45- Oh…PP great timing. You are so good. Way to go. Destroy it Peter. Wow Nuclear Peter (NP) had the symbol on his hand. NP is pretty cool too. Heroes new theme “Are you in the vault?” I hope we get to see all the drawers and such, some of that stuff looked pretty interesting.
8:47- The whole we are going to go public is kinda dumb adn I hate Mohinder now.
Ho-bag to the rescue. Her first power is being super slutty her extra power is the electricity.
8:49- Just kill Nikki already…this New Orleans story is crappy.
Apparently you don’t have to have powers to beat the crap out of a thug (who is black)...see more racism from Heroes.
8:50- Goodbye Nikki….On to the big screen for you. Movies and more money await you. She needs to go back to Texas and be a cheerleading coach. Find Johnny Moxon and settle down start a family play West Texas Football. "I don't want your life."
8:52- If Nikki isn’t dead I will be very upset, but I am pretty sure she is done. I heard we got 3 deaths tonight, if she is 1 I wonder who the next 2 are.
8:54 - That was pretty crazy. I can't believe Hiro had it in him to bury Adam. Hiro is very smart and that was just insane. I thought that was really well done. Kudos to you Tim Kring. Most of this volume the Villains are not dead but trapped/imprisoned. Nice touch.
8:55- “Cool.” Not very Elle, I beg to differ Mya is still alive.
8:56- I like the brothers back together but the whole “going public” is really dumb. This montage is also pretty lame If they end with this speech I will be very upset.
8:58- NO WAY!!! That is number 2. Totally didn’t see that coming. Tim Kring went GRRM on us. And for the record it is Noah (HRG) that killed him. That is my pick for the assassin that they will use 5 episodes to let us know about. Great ending....or is it?
9:00- YES, he is!!
Step Into the Action with nbabox Stream Services
9 months ago
4 comments:
i totally called nathan getting capped and you are right about HRG being the assassin. there was no way he was making that speech.
i was also hoping that mya stayed dead.
veronica mars is pretty lame but i am interested in her connection (or the company's connection) to sylar. who is awesome btw. fantastic villan and you are right about needing a great villan.
what was the point of the whole new orleans thing??
hiro was downright cold to adam, that was harsh but he'll get out. he's a good villan too.
great post joff, way to work the varsity blues reference in. i guess i really have to watch season 1 now. i thought it was a very good finale.
I agree, this was a solid episode. My thoughts...
I can suspend my disbelief as far as 'heroic' things go, but really if all it took to find a vein was jabbing the needle into someone's arm then that is the method that nurses and phlebotomists would use. And it would be satisfying, especially on poopers. But I digress.
The fates of Adam and Nathan redeemed a whole season of having to put up with the crying twins and bad new-orleansian accents. But I have to agree that this is not the end of Adam Monroe. If Uma Thurman can do it, so can Adam. Although this raises an interesting question in my mind. Adam's cells can regenerate from any injury, right? But what about starvation and dehydration? It's logical that his cells need an energy source in order to heal. Do his cells just renew an endless supply of glucose and fluid? What about oxygen? Can Adam suffocate? I'm very interested in these things, and would probably be one of 'mad scientists' who would like to dissect the heroes and test the limits of their powers.
Anyway. My favorite line from the finale was when Matt said "Let's never mention this again" after he climbed off of Nathan's back. Especially funny after watching the MadTV spoof of Heroes on YouTube.
Also I really, really, REALLY wanted Bob to take that ball that HRG kept bouncing and turn it into gold. That would have been great. I should be a writer for this show.
That is all. Excited for next season.
Thank you. I am now much dumber after having read all this. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.
My only qualm would be the fact that due to an unusually timed (yet oh so appropriate) nap, I missed the first 25 or so minutes of the episode. Yet after watching the remaining 25 minutes or so (yes Virginia, there's no such thing as a 1 hour episode) I feel as though I missed nothing. Call me naysayer, call me hero-hater, call me what you will...it just seemed as though the finale suffered from excessive plot devices pulled from your everyday soap opera (is he dead?, is she dead?, he was dead, but now he's not so dead, evil supervillain gets powers back, whiney female character of Latin American descent dies and is revived with miracle cheerleader/Indian geneticist blood...you know run of the mill "Days of Our Lives")
Post a Comment