Things I like about AG:
*All of the events over water. Even "Hang Tough" is better now. Also I like how you have to swim under the fire in the Eliminator.
*The new Ninja Warrior-like Eliminator is much better. I love how it pretty much wipes out the contenders and they can barely make it up the "travelator" or whatever they call the treadmill thing.
*The whole thumbs down taunting of the contenders when the Gladiator beats them and they fall into the water. Jojo and I have already got it down.
Things I don't like about AG:
*Wolf. Lame. Looks like Ben Stiller from Dodgeball on roids.
*All of the trash talking and human interest crap. Just play the games, we don't need all of the contrived drama. It actually makes me like the contenders less and root against them. I was pretty psyched when stupid 34 year old Jeff who waited 14 years to be on AG lost to the Spider Monkey. I read that one of the contenders breaks their femur, I was hoping it would be Jeff. One side note on the Spider Monkey, don't bet against him in the Eliminator. If you've seen Ninja Warrior you know the smaller, spry gymnastic guys destroy obstacle courses.
I had other things I was going to write about but I can't remember them now. Ohio State is getting killed by LSU as I write this. And all of the local weather people are going nuts because of the storms that are all over tonight. Good times, I guess it's an improvement over all of the reports on a closed highway. "We're bringing you team coverage to let you know that yes, Highway 40 is indeed closed down." Be sure to use alternate routes.
Oh yeah, here's a couple things I'm reading right now:


15 comments:
I agree...Wolf is not cool.
Eliminator is much better.
Water makes everything better.
I still think that Jon should've tried out. The gladiators need a "zer" on their side simply for old times sake, but with all the water and animal names, Jon could have been "Great White" because he is white and he destroys you in the water.
Speaking of water an idea I like for an idea is something like water powerball...that would be awesome.
My final comment involves another family member who needs to go on that show. I am talking of course about "The Nurse: She knows how to bring the pain..." For real, we should get Rachel on a workout plan and get her on that show, she would destroy those girls...like no contest. maybe Helga would give her trouble but man, she could bring the pain to those gladiators.
Anyway...i guess I will be dumping soon. But I will try to wait until at least 4 comments have been made!
I am loathe to contribute to the excessive and needless commenting on this blog, but I have to make a correction to the above.
It's Hellga. I think that extra 'L' really adds something, don't you?
I like Titan. He is so over the top.
I think it is funny how jo "loathes to contribute" to our blog. I think that is all a front/ploy. I think she secretly LOVES bloggy mcbloggerson and wishes apartment 5b were as inspiring, witty, and brilliant as the big dead rabbit in the corner.
I can't comment on American Gladiators because I haven't seen it. just too much stuff going on. not any sort of intentionality on my part. unless you count that Shan and I are "fasting from tv" this week. we really don't watch too much, but we've "fasted" from things before and it has always been a positive experience. also, pregnant women can't fast from food so we had to choose something else.
I can't wait for xavi's dump... glazer's (aka "the great white") started out with so much potential, then he either got tired or distracted...not that mine was dumptastic or anything either.
seacrest out.
Hijacking the above comment in regards to the furry bretheren pictured above, I wish to point out that implying that said "fluffy bunny" has "taken the eternal dirt nap" is not only incorrect but highly insensitive. In fact, the picture is typical of the anti-rabbit propaganda; repleate with reference to the common opression of fellow Leporidae by ill dressed Russian farmers (seriouly, blue is not his color).
On another note...I think AG could have done a better job of choosing hosts, (The whole "former wrestler/heavyweight champ's daughter schtick will get old quickly) but at least there's a flaming pool (P-O-O-L....not P-O-O).
I'm fasting from my cell phone this week. But only because I seem to have misplaced it. It's a mystery.
is it fasting if you don't have a choice?
also, after I posted I did think about the rabbit in fact being alive. I think it IS alive. but it is still a big rabbit. and odd.
i'm pretty sure the rabbit is alive too. and the farmer-type guy is actually german i think.
i also think that jojo is envious of how many comments our blog generates.
i too have not seen the new american gladiators, but ill comment anyway. im sure its quite fantastic. i agree that Ali jr is probably a terrible choice to host anything. personally id love to see nurse racher on any reality show. cash cab perhaps. i love that guy. hes almost as entertaining as that jimmy guy talking about coolios big party car down at d-ay beach. but ill try to tune in next week to find out whos on top.
what i really want to talk about is all this fasting. it reminds me how i heard about this guy advocating fasting from sex. which is about the lamest thing ive ever heard. sorry if one of you is on board with this kind of crap. but im trying to tell the truth more. its because ive been reading a book about this guy who lived a year trying to live and act as if every command and law in the bible was to be taken literally. id put a picture of the book up like jon did but thats years ahead of me technolgically. most of the book is total nonsense, but im beginning to think he actually learned some pretty good stuff along the way even if he pretty much went about it in a retarded way. like, he stops lying and always tells the truth. thats a good thing, but its really funny actually. people dont always want to hear the truth. conversely, he carries around his own portable chair because he cant sit where anyone who is on their monthy "cycle" has sat and since he rides the subway a lot he cant be sure if a woman heading for the red tent sat there before him so he has to use his own seat. i havent gotten to the fasting part in the book except for his observation of the sabbath. he pretty much doesnt do crap that day. something id do good to observe more oftern. but he refers to it as shabbos which reminds me of the big labowski and how they cant bowl because its shabbos, and how the dude abides, its really great. but anyway, the book gets really wierd at parts but for a jewish guy who claims to be agnostic its pretty funny with glimpses of truth and intersting nuggets of insight into what we think is good and moral behaviour. he writes like hes well informed yet undecided. im interested to see the long term effects of his little science project.
now im reminded about the first time i questioned fasting. my "leader" at the time replied that i should not struggle with fasting and just do it because jesus did and thus we should too. (im pretty sure the mormans use this same jedi mind trick on their young girls, only thing missing is a subtle hand wave and not the droids youre looking for sitting shotgun) after such great insight i then figured that i should start sweating blood and walking on water too, cause you know, jesus did that too, but i havent goten them down just yet.
this shit was taken while listening to the soundtract of the motion picture "into the wild",
many thanks to eddie vedder.
wait. do you mean that you "comment" while taking a dump? literally? or are you playing on the figurative "dumping" that has been going on? are you telling the literal truth or metaphorical/symbolic truth? the web of context, reality, truth, and point of reference has already been tangled. I don't think this word means what you think it means.
thanks for your thoughts on fasting. I agree that jedi mind tricks and/or shame/guilt tactics have been employed...however, I also know that fasting has been tried by me as a meaningful effort to listen and seek guidance and direction. on more than one occasion. I'm not a saint but I'm an advocate for honestly seeking answers. there is something brilliant about listening when we remove things that hinder our ability to hear. calling it fasting or call it removing blockers or obstacles or call it "whatever you call it". I don't think this word means what you think it means.
oh. and the agnostic jewish dude trying to live the "literal bible" is fun and all. but in terms of theology and/or taking the bible on its own terms, it is dumb. but you know that. and I'm glad you're reading. that is good for your brain (regardless of content). that is Nurse Racher's argument anyway. (wink wink...Harry Potter).
yes, im quite aware that a.j. jacobs has undergone a dumb if not moronic endevor, yet much like matthew perrys character in "the whole nine yards" hes really likeable and if i were a contract killer, id most likely spare his life if i were on a boat with that really huge black guy from the green mile, but only if it meant i could later marry amanda peet.
since he self discloses in his book that he googles himself every morning, except the sabbath of course, jacobs is sure to find this blog and we can expect him to be a regular contributor in the near future. however, in his defense, the guys got major cajones. and its just a shame hes not really aware of the truth that hes discovered and that he has decided to remained undecided.
as far as fasting, or all the whatever you call it, (said in data voice), i agree that there is something brilliant about it, and ive experienced moments like that too and its more than great. i get lots of opportunities to "whatever you call it" on trips. it keeps me sane.
I must refer to the great prophet and direct you to Proverbs 16:30 for your last words deeply concern me.
first. glad you picked up the "data" reference. I knew I could count on your genius.
second. jewish agnostic guy with cajones contributing on this blog would be legendary.
third. I forgot to mention how brilliant Xavi's plan to fast from work is.
fourth. I'm about to purse my lips.
i'm not on board with fasting really but that's because i get a headache when i don't eat. and since i get enough headaches for no apparent reason i tend to stay away from behaviors that will lead to them. i tend to have an easier time listening and seeking guidance when i'm not writhing in pain. it was my fasting from work idea though. also, i agree with mr. data's thoughts on fasting from other "activities". that's just dumb.
furthermore for those that are not technologhically gifted the pictures of the books on the bottom of the post are actually links. click on them and they'll tell you all about 2 good books. i subscribe to the all reading is good for your brain theory. hence the serious book and the comic book. the immortal iron fist is great though because sometimes you just want to read an awesome story about kung fu.
sorry to give credit to the wrong faster. I thought xavi was playing up his lack of a job???
and as for jojo's jealousy of our comment generating blog machine, does that cause conflict in your abode?
My contribution is simply twofold:
the title above and to say that I think it is "Cojones"; another vaition would be "cojudo", which my spanish-english dictionary translates it as "entire, not geld or castrated.
Now you could use "cojera" to describe all this transl=lamenes, hoble, limp
Paz
This is Neal posting. Thought I would identify myself, as I try to get back on the bus of reading the blog. I had the blog linked in my favorites and was using it to get me to the Sports Guy. A few months ago, I linked the Sports Guy to my favorites. I like that guy, but think his friend Paul Lukas needs to break ziti away from Uni Watch. Words spent on Karate Kid are good (www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoofK0bXrkU), words dumped on uniform minutiae are not. I am not sure how I would feel about words spent on the changes in Kobra Kai uniforms during the films.
Post a Comment