Today I am Senor I. I have three hours of Spanish 1, two hours of Spanish 5, and one hour of Spanish 4.
I feel like the lady in Resident Evil: Apocalypse who has to go to Las Vegas for supplies even though she knows she could get bitten and become infected. I too have walked into an infected place in order to get supplies (money). The sickness is all around. I can see it in their eyes, hear it in their cough. It is happening. Unfortunately I do not have an OJ I.V. that I could put into my arm and get liquids through.
And teenagers are much like zombies. When they all put their iPod's, Zunes, and othe mp3 devices in they are taken over. Don't trust Steve Jobs, he is a zombie maker. He makes things look all nice on the outside but they slowly destroy your insides till you become a zombie that only downloads songs from the day's top 100, so you end up with an abundance of crappy rap songs on your iPod.
Remember the oldendays of the music store? I remember Blockbuster music I think it was called. It was a pretty sweet store. Lots of CDs and you could listen to whatever you wanted. You bought the music and you owned something, other than a vague file on your computer. Even cassettes I can recall, the ancient relics that they are. I wonder if that will every be a selling point on a car "This car has a tape deck!" All of this music talk was brought about because of the rewatching of an old classic known as "Empire Records". I did an IMDB search of the movie and noticed that I share my birthday with the actor who plays Lucas, who creates the whole plot for the movie. But that has nothing to do with the music.
Back to high school students for a moment. I have thoughts and questions. Who decided that this is the best way to educate people? I would like to sit down with them and show them what they are doing to humanity. I have Spanish 5 students in right now. Spanish 5! This is like top of the top in the school. These are kids that will fit the mold and go to good colleges and try to live the american dream. No wonder America is in trouble, we let one kid (usually immigrants) do the work and the rest of us get rich off of it.
Aye caramba y cajones aqui escuela de leche.
Step Into the Action with nbabox Stream Services
9 months ago
11 comments:
spanish is pretty much a joke. at least thats my experience. these kids are doing it all wrong though. what they need to do is wait and take it in college on a study abroad program. that way they could earn college credit for being drunk wile being run over by bulls in pamplona. it takes an oblivious stateside faculty and a fearfull yet proactive mother to acomplish this task, but it is indeed possible.
i have a tape deck in my car. wanna buy it. it comes with the following tapes. inxs-live baby live and milli vanilli. ill throw in the soundtract to Fletch if you take the spare tires.
seriously joff. you, your wifey and nurse racher need to rent my place. just think, you could have aes sadei meetings every night. ill even let you use my skateboard so you can roll down to the coffee shop. ill make you an offer you cont refuse.
I think you should go by "Senor Xavi"
I like the insights. and agree that high school language courses are dumb. immersion is the way to go when learning a language. mateo knows what he is talking about for once. although his tape selection has stayed the same since 1993.
ALSO, I couldn't agree more that kids these days are zombies with their music. We played the ipod game on roadtrips and NO KID had more than 1-3 songs of ANY artist. it was a tragedy. MOST had only one song for every artist in their music player of choice. so they get brainwashed by one song here, one song there...most of it is (c)rap and all of it sucks. variety is good. embrace diversity.
congrats to Team Delmar for their acceptance into the GUAM spy program. that is good news. what are you going to do with clyde the clyde?
I'm off to lunch. yo soy mucho hungry.
Hola Salsa en la calle, re the Racher and Xavi & wife house-sitting while you're working (spying) for me in Guam, if would be easier for them if he could get on a bus with stop nea your house.
By te way, this AM I had a voice message from Steve Vest(first one ever - weird) and he said Kim has a pea in her pod; have you heard? I need some intelligence.
If you must know, despite the "suicide/drug mishap" of their lead singer and subsequent reality show escapade leading to a no talent ass clown becoming their front man, INXS has produced many a good ditty. is it the definition of irony that the memphis dweller who previously knocked the youth of today in their a la cart choosing of "popular" songs would most likely only have one inxs song on his listening device of choice as well? its a low blow. i know when im being provoked. its shameless to intentionally get me to rant and rave for your entertainment, shameless i tell you.
there are many a job in my neck of the woods. i think joff is more than qualified for all of them. good thing is that if he wanted to convert to judaism he could have his choice of any one of 3 temples he could attend while observing the sabbath. and the best part is that the proximity allows him to go without breaking the whole walking distance without being work law. or he could just still live there with you, convert anyway, and do like the guy who parks in front of my house does, and drive 3 miles and then walk the last 250 feet so it looks like hes not working by driving halfway. and since when is driving more work than walking. big hats and long sideburns confuse me.
yes, kims got a bun in the oven. they had two final frozen guys that they could deposit for free and one took. its about 2 weeks so they are still quite cautious.
someone's ranting and raving due to shameless provocation is grand. grand I tell you. thanks for not disappointing. however, I will say that I too had "live baby live" in cassette form...and every time I would listen to it, I would WANT and HOPE for the songs to be good. but they never were...it was like they were ALMOST good. except for "disappear". that song rocks.
no comment on guam spy games? you are good. already training in order to ignore directly asked questions.
hasta la later
I can tell you for certain that I have no INXS on my iPod, but I was just a little horton when they were "popular". You know whose cassette I might put on my musical device, the gin blossoms, or soul asylum. I feel both capture the feeling of my pre-adolescent musical taste. I wonder if either of those bands are still together, and actually tour. I may have to google search.
And yes, I do know that some people would say that one "Good" song would sum up my pre-teen summers and perhaps in another post I will give a shoutout to Nehemiah's band because it was much better than other prophets.
your startling ability to group bands on the verge of greatness is quite impressive. might i add spin doctors and the screaming trees to the list. then you might have a winning formula for a point fest followed by um....i like yous. lines like "you cant call it cheatin cause she reminds me of you" are right up there with "im going surfin cause i dont like your face". while "little miss little miss cant be wrong" is repetitive by nature and lacking literary prowess, it more than makes up for it by being rythmically catchy and sing-alongable. and who can deney ba dap bipping along to two princes or ba di ba dobbing about how you would walk 1 thousand miles. and im not ashamed to admit that many a summer day with windows rolled down ive do do do doed in an attempt to find my semi-charmed kind of life. brilliant. i wanna be in the summer of 94 again.
i did happen to hear "runnaway train" yesterday on my drive through blizzard 2008. not sure if the dj was subliminally trying to tell us something thats weather related or not. but im supprised people arnt looting, its pandamonium out there i tell ya. everyone for emself.
So I am at some member's of this blog's high schoool today. And all I can say is that I dislike it, and will most likely never come back. I think it peaked with you all. Must be that most of the good people went to central..I don't know...but man, FHN=bad. Anyway, rant over.
your comment needs more explanation.
what is bad?
peaking in the mid 90's = highly possible.
Central "stealing" the goods = highly likely. new schools in a district tend to do that.
"never go back" = never say never.
I had classes of iPod induced zombies who stare off blankly into space or simply use profanity as noun, verb, and adjective in a sentence/conversation. If you take away their media device they are not able to concentrate without it and almost become unbearable as they can focus on nothing else until they have their "precious" back.
Never= high possibility, perhaps I should have written "I don't plan on ever returning."
Lastly, we may need someone with access to a boat to sail down Park Charles and rescue us from what is quickly becoming Lake I. I think I saw a...glub...glub....glub...
I forgot to mention a special "kudos" to MGW's gin blossoms reference in his "name" a couple comments back. I thought it was legendary and loved it...despite certain doubters and/scoffers who thought it would be lost on the faithful readers of bloggymcbloggerson.
Post a Comment