Monday, May 26, 2008

Boring Holiday Poll. and other stuff.

shan is in MN visiting friends/family. I am bored.

today is memorial day.

It seems like I have a lot that I could blog about, but whenever I sit down and try, I go blank. nothing. nada is in my head. I think my brain is revolting from all the little things in there, like eligibility, budgets, recruiting, uniforms, etc...

so instead of writing something funny or witty, here are some questions I've been thinking about: (answers will follow at bottom)

1. what kind of car would you get if you could get any kind you wanted?

2. what are your favorite kind of chips?

3. what super power would be the best?

4. if you could be a professional in any sport, what would it be? and why?

5. what is the minimum age I can take Sparky into the swimming pool?

6. what is the best game to play while on vacation? for example, if one were in florida with one's family in a big house...

by the way, I just read, "Same Kind of Different As Me"...it is good. read it. also finished, NT Wright, "Surprised by Hope". ditto. read it and then reread it. well, parts of it anyway.

if you haven't already, go listen to Bill Simmons' most recent podcast with Chuck Klosterman.

answers:
1. don't know? but right now I'm secretly coveting a "smartcar"...or a HONDA FIT
2. Jalapeno Cheddar...pringles cheese'ums are 2nd place.
3. teleportation. hands down. breathing under water is a close second.
4. golf. travel to warm/beautiful places all the time. and golf is fun and you can play it until you're 75+.
5. I want to take Sparky in pool right away...I'm trying to research what chlorine does to newborns.
6. the "name game"? zubzub? whoonu? (also known as whoona)

ok. happy answering. I think I will head over to nana and grandad's house soon...good times. I told you I was bored.

18 comments:

Carlos said...

Yeh, you're bored alright...Here are my answers..

1 - A Beemer...
2 - El Maguey's with Salsa verde
3 - Time travel in extra dimensions
4 - I'd say golf too (don't know if I'd play in the isles(Ireland, Scottland, England)
5 - if it was for the chlorine, I'd say the first day, as a matter of fact, Sparky could be birthed in one :-)
5 - Padle ball what else...

You must be bored; give my regards to my in-laws...

Anonymous said...

I played the "name game" the other day at a party, only they called it salad bowl and everybody put in only 5 names and it wasn't nearly as fun.

1) Probably another toyota. Maybe a newer Camry or Matrix.

2) Cheddar & Sour Cream...delicious crunchy artery clogging goodness

3) Flight, with breathing under water a very close second

4) The World Series of Pop Culture

5) All the stuff I've read says 2 months. The main concerns are sparky's immune system and ability to regulate body temperature. Use sunscreen and give him a bath after swimming.

6) There's the ever popular Pass the Pigs, also Mexican Train Dominos, and one subset of the population who will be playing Anne of Green Gables trivia.

Anonymous said...

nana is hilarious. seriously. she says funny, crazy stuff. remind me in florida. I will hopefully remember.

also, got some great pictures that are old...old...old...

forgot to also throw a shout out to the WEEZER video called "Pork and Beans"...it is blowing up on youtube right now. check it out. awesome.

is time/dimension travel a super power? or a God power?

Carlos said...

Favorite grandson, what is your point of reference re:superpower?..

Never mind, we'll play puerco fuera...

Anonymous said...

I think we need to set up a confessional at "the beach house" where we can go and vent about people. It would be a hot new show after "The Lake House".

Also...I had heard the song "Pork and Beans" and loved it, but the video is absolutely spectacular.

Anyway, on to the questions:

1. I don't know why, but lately I have really wanted an old VW van. But If I could have any car, I would want a new VW van.

2. I like Kruncher's (Jalepeno or Sweet Onion) although los's answer is also excellent.

3. The best super power would be to absorb the super powers of others (a la Peter Petrelli from HEROES). If no one else had super powers then I would want to be a Jumper (teleportation).

4. This is easy, I would want to be a professional surfer.

5. I think that whatever nurse Racher says is cool. So I guess 2 months....but you could start out in the bathtub/sink and teach Sparky flip turns and correct stroke.

6. I like the salad bowl game as well, it is good, probably the best.

I like your book suggestions, I just finished "Same Kind of Different As Me", it was good.

Also since you are the favorite grand child you can inherit all the national geographics and reader's digests.

Anonymous said...

wow, you're really bored. some of us don't have the luxury of being bored on memorial day as we had to spend the day picking up stacks of books and telling people where the bathroom is while occasionally helping someone find a book. good times. today wasn't all bad though because i got to watch gladiators tonight. i love that show. i'm openly cheering for the gladiators now because i generally despise the contenders and their endless trash talking/inspirational stories.
now on to the poll:

1) i know this is kinda lame but i would want a tundra. i love my truckerson. i would probably get a brand new one though if i could have any car.

2) for chips i like tostitos scoops with on the border salsa con queso.

3) for superpower flight would barely beat out aquaman powers.

4) xavi has it right, pro surfer hands down. like a pro golfer you get to travel to awesome places but unlike a pro golfer you get to do something super fun. also you can surf when you're old too as it keeps you in good shape. and you don't have to wear shoes much.

5) rachers got it right. but don't worry about strokes, flip turns, or any of that nonsense. just make it fun for sparky and make sure she's comfortable in the water and underwater. uncle jon will teach her all the good stuff once she's older.

6) pigs and scum. classics, never get old.

the sports guy's podcast with klosterman was tremendous. i listened to it last week. i don't have any literary recommendations at this time but i'm going to bring some fun stuff for you guys to read in florida. haven't heard the new weezer but it reminds me that i need to update my ipod before our annual drive of doom through the scenic south.

Anonymous said...

awesome. that is all.

Anonymous said...

pro surfer = the only "con" about this choice is that surfing is dangerous. there is the potential for severe bodily harm/injury. no such possibility exists in golf.

time/dimension travel = doesn't quite feel like it fits in the "superpower" category. I guess it is (or could be thought of as one) but it almost feels like it is a super superpower or something?

I forgot about "scum". that is a fun game.

but I didn't forget about American Gladiators being a sucky show. seriously. too many commercials. too much talking. I don't know how you can listen to the Hulkster ramble on and say dumb things. if they only showed the contests then maybe I could handle it.

Anonymous said...

I disagree that golf is safe. Small balls traveling at high speed, sometimes ricocheting off cart paths. Also the wear and tear on your arms/shoulders. You can get hurt. Isn't Tiger Woods on the DL right now as well?

Besides all sports need a little excitement and surfing would be better than golf. with golf you run into alligators, surfing-sharks. I have seen an alligator and while ferocious I don't think they compare to sharks.

Carlos said...

Struck by a golf ball...

I don't exactly get your comparison statementt between an alligator and shark....BTW, golfers don't go in the water to play golf....so where is the danger....

I think the danger in golf is to birds and such...last week, this guy was teeing off in my foursome, and he struck his driver and about 20 ft or so in front flies a large robin, which was hit and feathers flew every where and he went tumbling down his flightt path like a hit Zero (did my civic duty and saw Tora, Tora, Tora on Sunday); we spent 30 minutes trying to decide what the golf rules were in such a case...anyone knows?

Anonymous said...

Simple...he gets a birdie!

Anonymous said...

Big Post coming soon....be prepared.

Anonymous said...

1. something that flies (or runs off any liquid other than gas)

2. what are your favorite kind of chips? (Baked Lays-any flavor)

3. the ability to transform matter into other matter

4. is eating a sport? no? ok, then I'll say basketball...why? I like the game and it pays pretty good.

5. pre-birth

6. the nap game, or the "laying on the couch with the TV on as ambient noise while taking a nap" game

NMh said...

1. Aston Martin DBS V12.
2. French Fries.
3. Ability to pee any liquid.
4. Track n Field; 800m 1500m. These are just boss events, strength-speed.
5. I´ve been swimming since I was a sperm...there is no minimum, but stick to the pool. beaches on the mississippi are bad.
6. ....Talking?

Oddly enough I went to islamorada this last weekend, but could not find the big crab to take a picture. We did however, make it to the Whistle Stop. I think we met a guy named Captin Tom from my last visit..., but who could remember.

The weeze...unbelieve.

Anonymous said...

i actually have had a discussion with some people at work about the whole pee any liquid superpower. they didn't get it but i contend that it would be a great superpower. but i would still rather be able to fly.
i think it is actually a giant lobster too, not a crab. could be why you couldn't find it. did you happen to go deep sea fishing on two hour's sleep again?

Anonymous said...

i cant believe it took 15 comments to get to peeing any liquid. if this power existed it would have at least made the opening sequence to "waterworld" plausable and then the rest of the movie could have been tolerable. but he kinda cheated by having two powers, swimming like a fish and breathing under water. id have to go with being able to transport myself to anywhere just by thinking about it. although if too many people gained this power it would make my job pretty much obsolete. but also ups and fedex would go under not to mention my friends at the good ol us postal service. i wouldnt want any of those highly motivated public servants to loose their jobs. but everybody with out the power who needed something shipped would just give their package to the transporter guy with the power and have it shipped right away. so to keep the airlines and ups and fedex in business i think peeing any liquid would be the safer bet.

what, nobody wants to be a 3rd string qb anymore?

vicki likes jalapano crunchers, they make the entire house reek, so i cant stand them. ranch doritos are quite nice just nosing out bbq fritos.

dude, mile marker 87. giant lobster. maybe its gone now.

according to nirvana, a baby can be introduced to the pool at around 3 months, but only if its chasing a dollar bill on a fish hook. but you might not want to use kurt cobain as an authority on much of anything.

NMh said...

No comments on the Weeze?

Anonymous said...

did the flood waters swallow new town or something.