First, congrats to baby Vest and baby Repking…good times. good times. you will be exhausted for a while. Get used to it.
Second, I am not into posting videos but this one is special. Putting it on this blog works on like 8 different levels…most obvious is that it answers the question where Matt has been...I am curious to hear some thoughts (not guided by my own at first) on this so I will hold off on any more and then offer my own insights in a comment or two:
if you have as many questions as I did about this, go check out: www.wherethehellismatt.com and look at the FAQ's...
Step Into the Action with nbabox Stream Services
9 months ago
12 comments:
But while we're posting things that we find cool, there was a story today on MSN about a man in Florida who jumped off a pier onto a shark's back to save his dog's life, and I found it quite inspiring. I would totally attack a shark to save Tessa.
yes. apparently you are not the only one who didn't get it. I guess nobody else thought it was inspiring, humorous, beautiful, creative, and/or just plain good fun.
-how did he travel to all those places?
-how did he come up with an idea like this in the first place?
-where did he come with that dumb dance?
-how funny is it that his name is matt?
-watch it a few times and you will begin to notice some really funny dancers...for example, there is a homeless looking man in Paris, a silly clog wearer in Germany, and all the kids are hilarious for multiple reasons
-that song is really beautiful
-I thought about God while I watched it
-it makes me smile, laugh, and cry
-I guess I'm getting sappy in my fatherhood years.
Okay, so I didn't watch the whole thing until I read your comment. I was just a little confused about what it had to do with MGW.
My thoughts:
-it is moving/inspiring/fun
-wondering what that guy does for a living and how he financed his funny dance in all those places?
-groups of little african kids will probably always make me smile
-it's okay to be sappy...I think Generation Cynical Sarcasm needs a hug
i get it but i don't know...it was ok. i mean it's cool that he went all those places and his dancing is pretty funny. and i do like the song alot.
it's no animatronic pizza parlor band singing inappropriate songs though. speaking of which, i hope everyone knows that the new picture of said band decorating our blog is actually a link to awesomeness.
tell sparky that we liked meeting her and hanging out, and we miss her.
oh yeah, i read about the guy beating up the shark to save his dog too. pretty cool story, made me think of the dane cook bit about a punching shark in the face.
i was quite intrigued by this post. a good one for many reasons. when i was a little kid, i use to ask my mom "where in the world are you" because she always use to ask me "what in the world are you doing" and i got confused as i tried to answer her question with a question. but hey, i was like 3.
since i always know where in the world i am, i was curious to find out why this guy apparently doesnt know where he is. and if you dig into this guys website, you will find out way more than anyone has time to know about matt and where the hell in the world he may be. some people actually ask some good questions and some ask down right awful ones. my personal favorite is from a teacher asking him to remove the word "hell" from his website so she could use it in her class. his rsponses to quesions are actually pretty good. except the one about him taking his religious beliefs from abe lincon. that was a bit of a strech for me, but to each his own. i do like what he is doing and think that in some long shot of a way this concept may be some sort of bridge between communities across the globe. it looks like its snowballing and a book is due out this spring. i clearly spent too much time on his website, but it was cool to see the dances on guam, palau and chuuk. at least its an american doing this harmless act showing people that we may or may not all agree with the decisions of our government.
note: he gets his money now from Stride Gum, which seems like an awsome sponsor, perhaps they would throw a few benjamins our way to build a wake park in the picturesque flood plains of st. chuck.
I loved the dancing Matt and am all for our very own Matt to get creative while he's out globe trotting. My son took all the artifacts matt sent him from his journeys to show and tell yesterday. The teacher was very impressed and asked him "what does your Uncle Matt do for his job" and without hesitation he replied -Oh he doesn't have a job he just does all this for fun.
I was confused by the original posting and had no idea what this had to do with MGW. But his nephew is right on when describing his job.
Also, if my wife and I get our picture with Matt (not MGW) in Seattle do I get some bonus points? What if I can get him to do the dance with Amie and I is that worth 20+ Comments?
I have lots of things to post about, which will be coming soon. I started a project since the Los is out of town (not patio expansion phase 2). I have some pictures so I will try and get that post up soon.
Lastly, I enjoyed reading his web page and all the stuff on there. It was interesting and a good read, very enjoyable. And I like the song.
MGW has been AWOL and/or absent from the blog for about 1.8 months...he has been traveling to various parts of the world seeing and doing various fun things...one of which, MIGHT have been dancing with the locals...the post was supposed to be a play on the guy's name (M A T T) and the fact that he dances all over the world...which seems to be what MGW (another M A T T) is doing at the moment...
i second that - what's not to get? That's basically what i say about every 2 weeks - where the hell is Matt? We are actaully awaiting the arrival of my derelict brother - should be any time now- I think it takes like a week to get here from Guam.
Joff, you keep teasing us with promises of posts and pictures, but with nothing to follow. It's alomst like a certain sibling's pending blog about his late wakeboard. We're still waiting for fruit-picking pictures. The only baby insight I have after one week is to start practice doing things one-handed. Buckling your belt, eating, typing, feeding the dog, clapping...all of these things are a bit challenging with a little bit in your arms.
So Geoff, what are you doing to my garage? are you destroying my fractal arrangement? how am I supposed to find things now?
Post a Comment