Monday, September 22, 2008

More New Additions to the Family

All right nerds, I'm sorry that apparently none of you have anything better to do than read blogs. That being said, here goes....


First of all you need to listen to this song (go here and look for the song Missouri), which is both an ode to the great state that we live in and to a certain football team that is 4-0 and looking darn good. Some might even say unstoppable. The first big test is in 2 weeks @ Nebraska but I'm feeling pretty confident.

And now for the big news, I know that we said we didn’t want this blog to turn into a baby blog and everything but we have an announcement to make. Our little family is expanding….



I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you all to my new wakeboard. It is a Slingshot Recoil, 142cm long, 45cm wide, and has a 3 stage rocker. It arrived a week overdue, but it was in perfect health.

One of the guys I ride with demo'd one this summer and I tried it out and loved it. It was easily the most fun board I have ever ridden. When you hit the wake it's like jumping on a trampoline. And the landings are very forgiving too. So, a website that I like to look at from time to time, BoardersBestBuy.com, had a deal on this board that I simply couldn't pass up. I finally got to ride it this afternoon, and it was super fun. Of course, the conditions didn't hurt either. Hardly anyone else was out on the lake. I rode from one end of the LSL to the other without seeing another boat. Fall is awesome. Air and water are still pretty warm, but everyone thinks summer is over. Which I don't mind at all. Hopefully, we'll be able to ride until November.

In other non-wakeboard related news, this past weekend Johanna and I joined Greg and Kim in ....CROSSING THE RIVER!!! We all went to my favorite Brasilian restaraunt (in St. Louis), Yemanja. It was excellent as always. I recommend the Torradinhas, Empanadas, and the Lombo. We had alot of fun and it's pretty crazy to think that in 4 days Greg and Kim are going to have a baby. But it's cool and we're really happy for them.

As for a Guammy-like post on our upcoming journey to Memphis, clearly you don't remember much about Memphis, Greg. Anyway, I doubt I'll be able to pull Johanna away from Sparky long enough to see much of anything.

Mdub has apparently forsaken Bloggy. Once he refused to post a thing and his comments were rambling, misspelled works of inside-joke-laden art. Now he writes 5 millon word long posts on his travels and leaves us wondering if he ever works at all. And while I'm speaking of comments, a certain brother of mine (whose name rhymes with shmorton) feels that JC00265139876589567 and Jar Jar Binks comments have become indistinguishable from each other. I suppose there is some truth to this but I can offer a couple key "tells" to help the readers of the network figure out who's who. IF someone seems to RANDOMLY capitalize WORDS and to confuse the WEATHER patterns of the PACIFIC northwest with THOSE of Minnesota, it's SPARKY'S dad. If they comment first, it's JC0086300288t5278232.

15 comments:

Carlos said...

Gotta keep up with my reputations and be the first to post a coment...

Is slingshot recoil a soulish thing? Glad you got it and that you love it...someday might have to try wakeboarding, but it is not in my bucket list...however, running in Pamplona is..

JC 00

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't wakeboarding be a tad less deadly than Pamplona? I do admire the gusto, Los.

Jon, we're so happy for you. Your new baby board looks just like you...or Johanna...or the mailman. I'm sure the sleepless nights have been rough, but it seems like you've had good father-board time. That's so important for young boards these days considering all of the orphan and bastard boards there are. You could win board father of the year.
M. Grant is far too cultured and sophisticated to grace another blog again. He must have forgotten that, like TINA says, "God made Missouri and it's the wonderful state that I live in and it's neat and I like it and I can sing real good."
This post was the breath of exuberance Bloggy needed. Jon, you may have saved Bloggy for humanity. Where's Joff? Has he forgotten he's funny, too

Anonymous said...

Not exactly the new addition we're waiting for, but I'm glad it makes you happy. And you're gaining quite an impressive collection of water-toys for someone who neither owns a boat, nor lives on a lake.

Anonymous said...

The only way it could have been better is if it had been twin wakeboards.

But congrats to you and Jo, the next time it floods in new town Jo can pull you around the canals from the truck and I will be a spotter.

I've crossed the river many a time it isn't very fun or exciting. In fact it is pretty terrible, except that i get to listen to certain radio shows that love missouri.

I hope that your trip into the lands of summer is a safe one. If you stop and get some rolls I suggest the Chicken Fried Steak. Take care of the pool and make it clear. Only you can save it Obi-Wan, please help.

Jo said...

The new wakeboard is very pretty. But it's sort of like Jon's illegitimate board baby. His "other" family. Me and the board, we're friendly, but not entirely comfortable with each other.

Anonymous said...

what is a 3 stage rocker?

there are no words to describe "Missouri"...the song.

capitalizing words adds inflection.

= = useful/quick/efficient way to reference what you are talking about. try it. you will like it. I dare you.

references about weather pertain to rain and clouds. or a lack of SUNSHINE....MN shares a very close number of days with the northwest that lack the sun.

congrats on the board. maybe someday I can go out with you. that would be fun. by the way, where do you store these water toys?

nice picture change. the rabbit had overstayed his welcome. although I don't know how long showbiz can last before it starts to feel creepy.

Anonymous said...

errr....baby. Congratulations Ed and Bea. J2 has to be feeling the mounting pressure. You know you can't run off to Hawaii to have a baby. Surely somebody HAS to know about it. Or not. Did we mention that we were having a baby tomorrow? I thought so.

Anonymous said...

ROCKER = "the bend you see in a wakeboard from tip to tail." the type of rocker a board has greatly influences a board's speed and/or "pop"

MISSOURI THE SONG = there is a word to describe it....AWESOME. imagine gary pinkel playing it right before the TIGERS run out of the tunnel.

SEATTLE = RAIN

MINNESOTA = SNOW

WAKEBOARD STORAGE = i keep my toys in the bad room for now. i'd like to get some cool WALL RACKS someday. i agree that it would be cool if you could come ride with us. much more fun than GOLF.

PICTURE CHANGE = as much as i loved the giant RABBIT, it's time had come. i knew i wanted the ROCKAFIRE EXPLOSION, i might try to find a better picture of them though.

BABY PRESSURE = tell me about it greg. seriously EVERYONE is having a baby now but CONGRATULATIONS to ED AND BEA and to GREG AND KIM!!
MATT, if you ever comment again, do you have anything you want to tell us? NEAL? wouldn't suprise me at this point.

Anonymous said...

yes, thank you for the new photo, its a crowd pleaser fa show.

actually pamplona, if done right, can be quite tame. if done wrong-quite deadly. now by wrong, i mean drinking a lumpy concoction of gaspatcho and vodka with a chaser of being chased all over the streets by 2 ton bulls, then yeah, thats what is called "una idea malo de los jeans". but its a blast if you survive and the pre and post party is quite awesome. plus there is lots of slaughter and everybody likes to see blood so Los, if you want to run, ill be right by your side, ill bring the newspaper to smack em around a little bit.

im beginning to feel a bit like a bad father having left my little one under the supervision of blythe and the big l for all these months. while they did raise me in relative comfort, i cant help acknowlege the sheer neglect that i am guilty of. what letter can i brand on my chest for all to know my sin. just dodging responsibility there (a little trip down memory lane for all the rusty hawkins fans out there) but my little wakey wakerton is surely covered centimeters deep in dust by now. pfat chance my dad has used it. how a man can skillfully ride a disk yet get a busted ear drum on a wake board is beyond me. its generational i suppose. but bell bottoms did come back, and hes still rockin the mustache even on non november months, and some say the stach will be the sideburn of the 10's. time will tell.

yea to all the new fathers. seriously, what is happening. eddie and carolina one day apart? why like this.

i know there are certain someones out there that like to compare me to calvin and hobbs' dad, but in this authors opinion, joff roy horton will be the most interesting of all to watch father a child. im not really sure why, its just that its joff, and i guess im having trouble dealing with the fact that joff is at least as grown up if not more grown up than i am. i just cant get the picture out of my mind of him and rach spending all summer long sitting on the trampoline with the sprinkler shooting up their butts. ah, good times.

Anonymous said...

It seems returning from foreign land leaves MG Dubya refreshed and ready for witticism and insight. And every Big L reference is appropriate. You left your board with L & B and your boy with Cheech and Chong...I mean Deb and John. You win deadbeat dad of the year. Get a kid, you'll love it. They never go on sale, so there's no use waiting. You'd be a great one, even if your kid finds more wisdom and reassurance in an imaginary talking tiger than he does from you. Wait til you see my girl...you'll be done.

Anonymous said...

Greg and kim, congrats and well done on not pressuring Matheus..

Matt, Pamplona next year it is...and yes, I still can't picture Jeff as a dad..however there iis hope as I see signs..he started palyng golf and we (father son )have played twice now... miracles still do happen..

Anonymous said...

Awesome watching Mateo's friend's having babies- well not actually watching ....but great hearing the news! Nice board Jon, you're all grown up now! You all will be wonderful and hilarious fathers for sure as you had great ones to learn from. Since I can't seem to locate Matt I'm gonna throw a shout out to him - Matt- having trouble contacting you, call yor sister so we can plan for your upcoming arrival to the states - your newest nephew is excited to meet you- sounds like it's gonna be the tour of babies!

Anonymous said...

TINA - is hugely disturbing and probably lives down the street from me.
Would someone please clue me in to Matt's favorite reference "adopted wuss" Where is this from?

Anonymous said...

I will educate the less educated about certain phrases that may enter the current of thought on this intellectual endeavor known as Bloggy. Most of these quotes are from Sean Astin before he was a Hobbit or Corey Feldman before he was ruined by Haim and Josh Brolin when he was in his REAL Oscar role, NOT No Country for Old Men. The Goonies is a timeless classic, a modern Grimm's Fairy Tale if you will. The referenced line goes, Mikey Walsh to Brandon Walsh (not 90210) "Adopted wuss, I'm no adopted wuss." I hope this clears the air and even paves the way for more Goonies quotes to be a part of the vernacular here at Bloggy.

By the way, I have a lot of time here at the hospital.

Anonymous said...

My multiple posts on various blogs this evening are a tour de force, or just a tour. What qualifies it as a "de force" as opposed to a regular tour? Is there a governing body to regulate these things?

Greg, your kid is cute. That is what I hear anyway since I have not seen it with my own eyes (in person). But I have information from sources close to me that say good things about Kim 2.0

Speaking of 2.0's in regards to Edward...and little Eddie, what are the odds that Ed had himself cloned? I would say remarkably high since his kid looks exactly like him. Seriously....can we look into this?

Matt, I will run with you all with the bulls in Pamplona if I can strap the baby into his baby bjorn and he can come along for the ride. I am pretty sure that would get me arrested in the states...but the Spaniards would probably just say "ole!" and cheer me on. Also, I think a trampoline enema is just what one needs on a hot summer day. When you move back here we will find a provider since you can't get them at 407 any longer.

I have undertaken some dangerous missions over the next two weeks. Carlos is gone, out of the country, so of course that means he will come back to a totally new house, or maybe just partially new. I should really try to get on those "Clean Sweep" or "Get rid of your Crap" TV shows, I would be brilliant.

Anyway, pictures to come.I know you can't wait.