Just when this blog was on the verge of death and disappearing into the abyss, I have come to snatch it back. To raise it up to the prominence it once enjoyed. In this season, when the world seems like it is headed for breakdown, when blogs are popping up left and right, come to Bloggy and find hope, life, and love.
Lots to catch up on, lots to share, and lots to make fun of. As most readers know Horton v2.0 (bigger, stronger, more Hortony) is expected in the next few weeks. Amie and I are very excited and can’t wait to meet him. Perhaps the worst thing about people knowing you are going to have a child is all the advice/stories you here. For all the stories we have heard about people with “birth plans” and “this is how we had planned it”, it just makes me want to laugh. I think the best advice that I have never received is “Be prepared to not be prepared.” Also, this is a great preparation video too (the end is gross/not funny, but the rest is pretty good)
Amie and I went to a birth class (which was funny in many ways, sad in a few, and gross throughout). Funny in that we seemed to be one of the only couples ok with not “knowing” everything. I swear that you could probably take a class on just about anything and some of these people do. This also qualifies as one of the “sad” things. Other sad things included everyone at the class being quiet/anti-social. It was a room of like 5 couples and it was quiet and awkward most of the time.
As I am writing this right now, my father is dancing around the room while listening to the CD/DVD that Rachel got him for Christmas. I just thought it was worth noting. Thanks Rach!!! I wonder if C.S. Lewis had to deal with this. I doubt it. It isn’t annoying at all. They should make a gameshow called “Who Wants to Be a Writer.” and lock them in a house with Carlos when he doesn’t have to work for 2 weeks and see who still wants to be a writer after that.
So anyway, back to birth class. I am aware that it is a lovely extraordinary event, but it is also gross and I don’t understand why people videotape it. Do they ever pull it out and are like “Hey kids who wants to watch their birth?” I just don’t want to, and I will abide by Amie’s strict no picture in the delivery room policy, but maybe she will be too drugged up to notice if I snap a few post birth pictures.
Other notable events from the past month:
1. My company party. It was awesome. We have yet to feel the “crunch” of the economy although I am sure it will happen sometime. But we had a lovely time at the City Museum with free drinks/food. It was a very enjoyable experience and everyone seemed to have a great time. Too bad Amie couldn’t participate in all the activities, but she enjoyed herself nonetheless. Our first “date” post baby will definitely include a rare steak and a mixed drink for her.
2. Amie’s company/school party: while not nearly being as fun as mine, it was still enjoyable and never fails to provide stories/exchanges/experiences I would never ever have except at a Christian school party. The things are all the more humorous in that my work is pretty much the exact opposite of what I hear from Amie’s school. It is enough to make me hate politics (which I do), both sides Kool-aid taste equally terrible but they don’t get it. Enough about that.
3. Driving to IKEA for the day: I don’t think I can really talk about how awesome Amie has been with RHv2.0. We drove to IKEA for some furniture for our new place. We didn’t want to stay in Chicago so we drove up and back the same day. It was 9 hours in the car (stopping quite a bit) and 3 hours at the store. It was totally worth it, we were able to buy another piece of furniture with the money we saved on shipping. We like the stuff and perhaps I will post pictures if when we get internet at the apartment. Also, I am thinking of starting an IKEA courier service to Saint Louis, I wonder if that could work.
4. Moved to a new place: we left 407 and our now in an apartment which cuts my commute in half (which is awesome) and allows us to save some cash and get back in the swing of paying bills and such again. I don’t recommend moving when your wife is 7-8 months pregnant, just not a good idea, but we made it work and luckily a lot of our furniture can be moved by one person so that is nice. The bad things are that we have signed up for internet service and won’t have it installed for another week. This will mean we have lived there for a month without internet/TV. Welcome to 1995!!!! Really, it sucks. I think Internet is probably the best invention ever; it is so awesome that they didn’t even believe of putting it in Back to the Future.
Speaking of Back to the future check out this Teen Wolf parody (it is funny, but the language is pg13/R rated so keep it away from the kids).
I will be setting up a calendar/pool, not for money as much for the fun of guessing the baby’s birthday, so comment on when you think XM will be born and you may win a prize of my choosing. The due date is January 12th so keep that in mind. Happy Christmas and don’t forget to get your votes in!!!
Step Into the Action with nbabox Stream Services
9 months ago
11 comments:
Xavi Sr. thanks for the honorable(dis-honorable?) mention;Xavi jr. will be born Dec 28 so we will always have our b.d. celebration together....
Glad to hear that Boomer is enjoying his present :) Sorry that you are not. Xavi will be born on Jan 1st, at 12:01 am...and win some sort of cash prize for being the first baby of the new year. Can't wait to meet him!
wow. both my dates have been taken...first I was thinking that Dec 28th would be a fine day to share with JC...and then I thought New Years would be a fun story..NOW...I guess I'll go with Jan. 4th. just because.
about the post: ditto most everything you said about birthing classes, work parties are "special", IKEA is great, no internet connection is tragic (although I grew up without it and didn't email until I was in college...and I think I turned out alright)...
good luck with stuff. keep us posted.
happy Boxing Day!
The day will be Jan.2, that's because his tia was born on this day.(nhuta).Happy New Year.
Love you guys.
No, no, no. It has to be the 31th of December, just because. Maybe should be 29? Whatever it is it will be just great.
Love ya
Neuz
if you guys could squeeze him out before the new year you could reap the tax bennys for all of 08. nice. all that tax you save now would surely be offset in salsa though. id seriously consider having amie shovel some driveways on the 31st. but i suppose ill go with jan 7th if no shoveling is in her future.
nice teenwolf. wheres boof these days. seeing all these internet things makes me wonder if "snowday" would have made a youtube instant hit if the internet was more than a zygote during our youth. and how many other videos would have been made throughout our daily schenanagans. surely the following of a certain notorious swim coach to burger king would have pleased the masses.
as each day passes i am ever more reminded of the gap that is growing due to my unfortunate birthplace in technological history.
tell her to go get a massage from a therapist who knows labor inducing pressure points and she can have the little man on whatever date she likes...seriously...how do you think I managed to have an 8/8/08 baby?!?!
I second the no fun being pregnant and moving thing. I was 38 wks when we moved-so not fun! Can't wait to hear when he gets here.
As of 4:00 central on 12/28 we have nothing. No pains, no water breaking, just chilling. Doctor's visit tomorrow with ultrasound, so i can get some pictures up next week hopefully.
Candice- I will let Amie know about the pressure points but as it is still "early" we will probably hold off on that.
Dad, i am sorry but you lost the pool unless something happens in the next few hours.
Neuza, you are disqualified for taking multiple dates. You pick one, and only one.
Still in 95- no snow at present in st.chuck, although i am sure it will come down when i need to get to the hospital. But you are right that tax benefits would be put right into the salsa exchange, the value will continue to rise.
"Snowday" would never, ever have been a hit....ever. And according to IMDB, Boof hasn't been in "the business" since 1997 and Chris Elliot is one of the most underrated actors of our time.
How about I pick 31st? Since I need to pick one.
Is this legal?
Neuza
so anyway, update again. At the Doctor this morning we learned a few things, Amie is 3cm dilated and baby is in station zero.
From what i know of station zero, it is like when we used to play stations in the basement, and station zero is when you had gotten to all the stations and had to run up to the person with the flashlight. So i think that is a good thing.
dude...what is XM waiting for?!? hurry up and come...
your analogy/comparison of baby's head to "stations game" made me laugh out loud...
keep us posted!
Post a Comment