In honor of this great holiday in which we get to blow stuff up in celebration, I thought we should have a poll to get us through the day and weekend. So without further ado...
1. Favorite founding father?
2. Your Favorite firework (i.e. bottlerocket, Snap, Grow Worm, etc...)?
3. Favorite American War
4. Best and Worst fourth of July concert you have attended
5. Best 4th of July food/meal?
7. I will spend my fourth of July at:
A. my home
B. a neighborhood gathering
C. MOfallon
D. In a sweaty mass of humanity at any major US city

5 comments:
1. um....um....um....God? isn't america the only country that God founded and cares about?
2. roman candle
3. wars are dumb
4. I have no recollection of concerts attended. that isn't to say I didn't attend any, but rather my memory sucks.
5. burgers, chips, brats, chips, pasta salad, chips...mostly chips. I like them.
6. see #4
7. I have no idea...I have no home. possibly gather in a neighborhood? not close to mofallen. no sweaty masses for me this year. I would go crazy.
1. Aaron Burr
2. Roman Candle (why this is attributed to the Romans is beyond my knowledge)
3. The "Mexican-American War" from 1846-1848. This is closely followed by the "Overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom" which may or may not be a real war.
4. Best- The Beach Boys
Worst- All-4-One (the "I Swear" group)
5. If you are from St. Louis isn't "Pork Steaks" the correct answer to this question? But my answer is a Bratwurst.
6. Anything seen down by the Saint Charles riverfront during the 4th of July celebration, the worst was probably the biker woman in a fishnet shirt. The horror, the horror.
7. Either A. or C/D. Not MOFallon but the riverfront of St. Chuck may be the place for me and it is usually a sweaty mass of humanity.
1. John Hancock--because he had the balls to stand up for what he believed in no matter the consequences
2. The parachute because you get a souvenir once the firework has finished
3. Whiskey Rebellion--can't keep the little man down
4. Best concert--Huey Lewis and the News
Worst--haven't seen one yet
5. Kettle corn
6. Just go to O'fallon
7. Undecided
1) Benjamin Franklin. I like that he was flawed.
2) Roman Candle, hands down. You can aim it without getting showered in sparks when it deploys (like with a bottle rocket).
3) I'm just going to quote a bumper sticker I saw last week: Wag more, bark less.
4) Best: Beach Boys, Worst: Tom Jones
5) Brats, chips & salsa, watermelon
6) Going to agree with anything at MOfallon
7) It was going to be D, but now I'm leaning towards A. I have a lovely roof deck that is reopening today...and I can see the fireworks from it.
1. Patrick Henry
2. Whistling Bottle Rockets- they do serious damage to gatorade bottles and fish gills.
3. Gulf War #1- First one I remember.
4. Best- Big Head Todd- Worst- same day, Candlebox
5. Funnel Cakes or Turkey Leg
6. Cup stacking- I don't care where you are you can throw away one beer cup before you drink ten more.
7. We went St. Chuck riverfront but got rained out and watched them from my front street.
Post a Comment