We are sharing a room with Irene at the moment. We were awakened on Saturday morning at 4am by the sound of vomit spewing. she went on to throw up a few more times throughout the day. Here are some random thoughts about this experience:
-It is an unmistakable sound. There are no other options for what it might be.
-running around with eyes that won't open, trying to find a bucket or trash can or something to catch the copious amounts of vomit is not easy.
-vomit stains things. like carpet. and this brought back some ancient childhood memories of stained carpets. both in the bedroom and the hallway. I can't decide if the memory of vomit cascading down from the top bunk and splattering as it hit the floor is real or not. But I am almost certain that a younger sibling spewing forth in the hallway on their way to the bathroom is quite real.
-catching puke in a towel is gross.
Here are some other random thoughts, (i.e. emotional puke), that have nothing to do with actual puke:
-the potholes in minnesota are unreal. one day, I will be driving down the road, hit one, and my car will literally fall apart around me...the probability of this happening is between 65-85%.
-LOVE WINS...and Christians are dumb. very very dumb. the "to do" surrounding the release of this book is the latest example. I just finished reading it. the insanity of the evangelical world was confirmed.
-if anyone is interested in reading a fascinating book on "why" certain Evangelicals were so crazy, I recommend Peter Rollins, "The Fidelity of Betrayal"...he gives words to the WAY in which people like Rob Bell "believe things"...which will in turn stand in contrast to another way of believing things. read the book.
I hope all is well with everyone. BLOGGY has been in a deep slumber. I assume I can speak for everyone when I say that little kids are getting in the way and creative juices just aren't what they used to be. no worries, there is a season for everything...
Step Into the Action with nbabox Stream Services
9 months ago
5 comments:
When my children are grown I hope they dont remember that when they puked I ran out of the room with my fingers in my ears...every single time.
Julie
about 5 years ago when my nephew was 3 or 4 or something like that i watched my sister feed him a jalapeno potato chip. his next logical move was to spew it out along with the rest of his sandwich and what I can only assume were partially digested fruit loops. more impressive than the amount of bile en coated sustenance was my sisters total lack of hesitation to catch it all in her hands. hey, i guess its better than cleaning it up off the floor. in time i got used to kyra puke, but never have gone so far as to willingly attempt skin to skin contact. go little L.
Umm, who didn't throw up in the hallway? I have a hard time believing that it was just Rach and I.
Also, you don't use a bucket or trash can. The secret is to just put towels all around the bed, and lining the walkway to the bathroom. I am pretty sure that is what mom did for us and it works.
Also, I don't remember throwing up from the top bunk (if that was me, or Jon). I think you may just be making something up.
What i do remember is visiting you at college and someone had puked in a cooler and you guys had it outside your dorm room. That was disgusting.
I am reading a few of the books you mentioned. Please stamp my heretic card.
MGW- when will you be catching puke in the STL? We should schedule a play date to site by the pool and drink beer.
its taken 3 painstakingly long years but drinking beer by a pool is something ive recently perfected. just say when!
pretty sure youre gonna have to get that water upwards of 80 degrees before kyra will get near it though. She wouldnt even get in the hawaii waters last month. yikes.
I forgot to say that Shannon DID in fact catch copious amounts of puke in her hands...while I was running around like a crazy person. AND, after the puking, we did put towels down...we had no warning. the unexpected middle of the night puke caught us off guard.
Jon would have been the top-bunk puker...if it had happened.
I have no recollection of hallway puking. and this puke in a cooler is lodged in my memory somewhere. definitely not my puke, but I remember it being funny. If you had come back another time you might have found poop in a bag. :-)
MGW clan are returning? for sure? for real? for not pretend? I will believe when I see. I am a doubter and a scoffer.
Post a Comment