Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Pizza Street Prophecies

So the other night as I was leaving church and as I stepped outside the front doors. I stopped as the rest of my party continued to walk. I had seen the exact same scene in my mind at some time before. That got me thinking as to when I had seen the strange scene before, and it occurred that I had had a dream about it. Now I’ve never claimed to be a prophet, but I have had a number of these occurrences known as déjà vu (See definition).

So last night I had a nightmare and woke up at 5:00 am and was unable to fall back to sleep. This is the second dream that has taken me out of my peaceful slumber in the past month (believe me, I’ve documented). So, I hope that the most recent dream never comes to fruition. The good news is that the first dream involved giant talking squids as well as a giant talking stegosaurus, so I don’t see that one happening anytime soon. Also last night I ate at a certain pizza joint which shall rename nameless (except in the title). I had a multitude of pizzas ranging from many different toppings, baked potato pizza, buffalo wing pizza, Philly cheese steak pizza, among others. Perhaps that is the reason for such an abrupt wake up this morning. My stomach was prophesying some very violent things which were to come.

And all that my stomach prophesied came to pass.

Déjà vu-a distortion of memory in which a new situation or experience is regarded as having happened before.

7 comments:

jar said...

wow...crazy post...I have some questions:

1. What did the talking squid and stegosaurus have to say?

2. Is dreaming something before it happens the same as deja vu?

3. Will you ever go to this pizza place again?

4. What did the talking squid and stegosaurus have to say? I really want to know....

Jon said...

i want to know what the squid and stegosaurus said too. i also kinda want to visit this pizza establishment. but i wouldn't eat baked potato pizza, that just sounds horrible.

Jeff said...

The squid were very demanding and wanted me to get them food. There were 2 squid actually, and they were giant squid, like a kraken. Honestly, I was scared and I'll get back to that in a second.

The stegosaurus was kinda stupid and I am not entirely sure what it said because i was freaked out by the squid. But I believe it had something to do with food as well.

Anyway back to the squid. So I was in this aquarium like complex that was adjacent to the ocean and that was where the squid were. There was a bridge over the water to a tower in the ocean and that is where i first encountered the squid.

For some reason in the dream I went back out to the tower (don't remember exactly why). The second time I went out there the squid talked again and they were angry because i had no food for them. So the squid shot up its tentacles and broke the bridge and pulled me down into the depths. After this I don't remember much more, except I remember waking up underwater in some sort of room where I was doing some sort of sequined song and dance number in a acting troupe, at this point i woke up.

It was one of the most vivid dreams i have had in recent memory which is why i wrote down what i remembered from it.

Jon said...

i visited said pizza establishment today and i have a prophecy of my own. i will never eat there again.

Anonymous said...

i too have consumed my last street of pizza. er, uh unless it somehow spills over onto 9th and elm.

nice dream joff, allow me to interpret. the giant squuid represents your inability to limit your playing of video games. you know its dragging you down colser and closer to geekdom but you just cant stop.

the bridge means nothing. there is no connection or symbology what so ever. it in no way shape or form represents your struggle between your two attitudes toward life that spans treacherous waters. your side desiring freedom from computing leading to a normal life vs your nerdey side of mouth opeaned lost in space online combat should never be compared or considered in any way possible to reconsile.

the dino actually has some profound subconcious insight into your struggle. from all of our personal expereinces with stegasauri we know that one could never be freaked out by some stupid calimari. this reveals your delusional attitude toward computing in general. although you know its not cool now, you cant stop doing it. you feel its constant tug, youre drowing in the depths of its lameness. but at last, youve made your choice. you dont really care. what many people grow out of youve embraced. its what you like, who cares what everybody else thinks. joff, from you, my friend, a life lesson can be learned. what would the world look like if we all embraced our inner nerd. if we stopped the outer apperance nonsense and just got busy livin.

iv got to go put on my north face jacket, ambercrombe jeans and j-crew t-shirt now and take my mac down to bread co so everybody can see how cool i am.


note: the above arguement while logically sound is quite falacious and entirely made up. its the opinion of this writer that joff is quite cool despite the whole salsa in the street incident. (sorry i couldnt help it)

Jon said...

nice to have you on board matt. i started laughing the minute i saw uncle travel fred.

jar said...

jon beat me to the punch...

I was going to say, "well...looks like Matt found the blog..." (while laughing histarically in my head).