Friday, March 9, 2007

A Dim Star Rising

Well…I guess it is time to breathe some life back into this Blog. Is there a rule about double posting? Is that allowed? I was just curious because this site has sat dormant for so long. Now I know that all us posters have been busy but still, no one can give an insightful thought or witty comment about the mundane things in their life.

Also on the JDW (Jeff’s Dream Watch) the news is dim. I haven’t remembered many of my dreams lately. I’ll keep you all posted. It might be time for another Pizza Street night.

Right now I am substitute teaching, I should probably monitor the students taking a test, but no, I am busy with this Blog (actually most students are finished with the test and it is the last day of school before spring break). For those wondering it is French class, I am Monsieur I today. Now I know nothing of the French language and the funny thing is the only thing most of these students would need to do in order to cheat is talk in French, but lucky for me, they don’t know French either. Also, I think we need to do a survey and find out the number of males that take French, it has to be considerably lower than all other languages.

There was a student in my first hour that either moved here or is an exchange student from the Republic of Congo (if it is still called that today). He speaks French but he was the last one done with his work. I think if you can carry on a conversation in French you should at least be put in French 5, but he was in 4 which is close enough I guess. Funny side note, he really liked South Park and watches it in French. I don’t know why but I find that really really funny.

Also in first hour was a girl with a broken hand, I stopped her from telling how she did it after I heard the beginning.

Her: “I broke my hand when I ran into a train.”
Me: “Was it stationary.”
Her: “Yes”
Me: “How did you run into it, in your car, on a bike, on foot?”
Her: “On foot, I was running from the cops”
Me: “Ok, stop, I don’t know if I am legally allowed to hear anymore.”

Our future…sigh…

5 comments:

Jon said...

monsieur joff, i agree that some life needs to be breathed back into the blog. i will post soon but i'm waiting for a bit of inspiratish. in regards to dim stars, if i was from the DRC it would definitely be weird to move to st peters, mo. also, how fast do you have to be running to break your hand when you run into a train?? and how do you run into a train that's not moving? that was a funny story

Anonymous said...

ah yes, the life of a substitute teacher; pretty much just act like you dont give a crap and youll fit right in. i substituted for two days once back when i didnt give a crap.

the guy i stood in for was everyones favorite biology teacher, the "mr B." of fzw. these kids actually looked disappointed that i was there. he had adjoining rooms with his wife, the general science teacher, who also was "out sick" that day. upon arrival, i learned that i would be teaching an animated movie staring a gaggle of talking germs and their migration through the human body personified by an East LA gang. i thought it quite fitting as an educational tool in the most white and suburban place on earth. you know, something they could really relate to, a real lesson to stifle their misconceptions of black people. anyways, by 5th hour i think i actually learned that picking my nose and eating it could very possibly lead to me getting a cold. licking hand rails at the mall is also supposedly something one should avoid. supprisingly they assumed that todays youth already knew not to eat poop. there was no mention of that, which i thought was a bit careless on their part.

joff surely seemed to have a better experience. everyone knows that people run faster when running from the cops, just ask jackie joyner kersey. im sure she could answer jons question. or perhaps its one for those myth buster guys. they are truly great additions to society. ive always wondered if youd get electricuted while peeing on a rail road track during a lightning storm. and thanks to those guys, rain or shine, i can now freely pee on any metal i want without fear of being shocked through my down there.

the french are french.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not I actually watched that mythbusters episode in a science class that I was substitute teaching. It was enlightening.

Also, I think mythbusters needs to do a study of salsa on tires and car paint to see the effects.

The people want to know.

Anonymous said...

The French ARE so French. but they make great Crepes!

Don't get down on the "lack" of posts. Our A.D.D. society always expects the next thing, something more, etc...but true genius and meaningful posts require time, thought, stewing, festering, etc.. be patient young Joffly one.

One more thing: good BBQ rocks too.

Anonymous said...

BBQ. are you serious. have your taste buds been frozen by your artic habitat. id rather eat salsa off the street.

myth busters truly have replaced mr. wizzard, just with less class. it seems that show is always on. or just its the only thing on when nothing else is on, nice time slot strategery. i saw one last week where they sunk a perfectly good sail boat just to prove that you could make it float back up to the surface by filling it with ping pong balls. im not sure if that was an actual myth that anyone cared about or even knew existed. its not exactly practical and useful knowlege like peeing on railroad tracks, but consider that myth busted.

id like to come out with a rival show on at the same time slot called ledgend destroyers. the premise would be to make up stories that no one cares about and prove them false, each time id fail miserably. the viewer wouldnt notice that our show is about nothing becaue id create a diversionary side show with my co-host where wed get cought up in soap opera like antics to distract the audience from the fact that they just wasted an hour of their lives. its pretty much exactly like how the chop shop guys ripped off orange county choppers. you cant duplicate perfection. pauley..vinney... come on, it just doesnt get any bettter than that. ever notice how they are always fabricating something. im not sure that word means what they think it means. anybody want a peanut.