I promise nothing in this post except randomness...
1. I'm going to have a "monkey baby". not really, but that is what Shannon called it. we got another ultrasound today at 27.5 weeks (to check the location of the placenta = riveting/fascinating tidbit of information for our readers) and learned some fun things. one of which is that our kid has long toes. really really long toes. I think this is cute and will be fun to have the little one grab us with his finger-toes. Shan thinks it is weird that Sparky will be swinging from the trees.
2. my cousin, who reads this blog and sometime comments but shall remain nameless had a great insight about blogging. This is my paraphrase and I hope I do him justice: two things have to happen for good blogging. first, one has to have the desire and/or content. second, one has to have the time to write. very rarely (if ever) do we have both at the same moment. "bingo" I say.
C. Blue Man Group's comment on the last post (comment #13) was hilarious...however I'm confused, are we not "real bloggers" here at bloggy mcbloggerson?
D. we recently went to Orlando, FL with the wife's family...the whole group was there (brothers, wives, kids, etc). On Saturday we all went to Disney World in our matching green t-shirts. not only were they matching green, but they had disney inspired character names for each of us on the back. the names of the character were supposed to say something about us. Mine was "Rafiki" (the monkey from the LION KING). My sister-in-law loved it and said it was perfect for me. My response to her was: "why is it perfect for me? Is it because I resemble a monkey? Or am sort of wise but sort of crazy? Or that nobody can tell if I’m either? Or that I like to sing when I talk AND I like to talk about myself in the 3rd person?"
E. Other Orlando highlights/thoughts:
-Disney World is tolerable with a niece/nephew whom you love. their excitement was saving for me. (I guess that would apply to my own kids..although I would still vacation on the beach and maybe drive to orlando for a one-day trip to mickey mouse world).
-people in crowds lose 50-90 IQ points.
-resorts with a limited number of chairs by a pool should have full-time Chair Watchers who remove items that are "saving" places for non-people. numerous people who wanted to sit/swim/etc could not find chairs because others had run down at 8am to grab 5-6 chairs for their towels and books to rest on all day. this was maddening.
6. I want a "Guam Update". we may have to start a "brother blog" or a "spinoff" that is soley about GUAMlife. questions: how will MGW and VIC leave clyde the clyde for that long? seriously? (can't imagine leaving Swiffer) who are these hooligans renting your house? do we need to spy on them? I think I know someone with spytech. what are you doing with all your stuff? and how does one pack for a 1-2 year "trip"? when will you be back? for real? you need to set up SKYPE. which means you have to make several quantum leaps on the technology spectrum. but you are a gumshoe. I believe you can do it.
7. Also want a "Xavi Work Blog"...this could be grand. every day at exactly the same time of day, you write a 5-minute synopsis of what has happened so far in your day...maybe eventually we'll all understand what it is you actually do.
8. Jeremy is getting tired. Jeremy probably forgot some of the things he wanted to blog about. oh well.
"Some posts don't have much of a finish...that's the post I took..."
Step Into the Action with nbabox Stream Services
9 months ago
8 comments:
- I am interested in the position of the placenta. Also pretty sure that Sparky is doomed...he comes from a family of long-toed freaks. In sixth grade, a boy told me that my second toe looks like ET's finger. It was kind of traumatizing.
- "People in crowds lose 50-90 IQ points" QFT. Las Vegas at Spring Break is like Disney on a city-wide level. Hmm, maybe I'll stop in the dead center of the sidewalk for no apparent reason and with no warning while there are 500 people behind me trying to walk.
apparently im not the best listener. and when a story drags on for more then i can stand, ive been told that i subconciously make a face that is not the non-verbal feedback that is prefered. so when this happens i usually have to spring for a sushi dinner and a movie. last night the spicy tuna roll was excellent and 21 was better than i expected. i recommend this film to everyone. its theater quality and at the very least a rental must. not a bad soundtract either. kevin spacy makes you really like him and then really hate him, but not in the "seven" sort of way. although this movie had many hollywood embelishments and stuck to the formula of nerd boy becomes cool and gets the hottest girl in school while becoming extremely rich, its a likeable tale that makes you not mind so much that its really just like every episode of saved by the bell. and i mean right down to the rivalry between zack and slater. the fact that it was a true story made it better in about the same way as titanic was true, just substitute a sinking ship for MIT students playing black jack. i think i would have liked it more if none of it was true, and im pretty sure the mit nerd girl didnt look much like kate bosworth. shes pretty much redeemed herself after staring in blue crush.
leaving clyde the clyde will be pretty tough. really the only drawback. ill work on getting more tech savvy.
1-In some cultures they actually save the placenta and feast upon it at a later time (and by "some cultures" I am referring to crazy-minded individuals within the good ol' US of A).
2-here, here...sagely words of infinite wisdom...truly apples of gold in settings of silver (or pewter, or platimun...depending upon your dermatological disposition)
D-It would only make sense for Rafiki to reproduce in like kind (i.e. Monkey man= Monkey baby)...which beings a linguistic tangent...to say "reproduce" seems to take all of the beauty/mystery out of the origins of the reproduced child (a topic which I will not discuss for the sake of virgin ears/eyes/and childish minds)
E-That's precisely why I am formulating a plan to reduce my waiting time in line that involves setting up a table outside of the cue lines at D-world and offering free crap for people who will sign up for a credit card (stupid people LOVE free crap)
E (part dos)-some resorts do have chair concierge(s)...at least the "real" resorts do.
7-This request is obviously based on the assumption that the "employee formerly known as Horton" is actually able to answer that question for himself, which raises the deeper issue of "are any of us truly able to answer this question?" What do I do?
8-Jeremy should include at least one more sentence with "Jeremy is..." just for maximum rhetorical effect.
when i think rafiki i cant help but thinking of the majic stick and balls he carries arround. and then when he cracks one open and eats it. nice. sorry for beating the rest of you to the punch.
I was just about to post something ethical when I checked on-line and I found a post and was content simply to comment on it.
First off...we all know what your character should've been, Thumper, from the disney classic Bambi. The reason, simply look at the title of this poster and your eyes will be opened.
Second, I agree with Spicy in that ET's fingers will be on your child's feet or they will have giant mushroom toes that look finger-like with a mushroom top. But you must remember we are talking about feet and no one really looks at a baby's toes intently. If someone is looking intently at your baby's toes you should run, very fast and very far. and don't forget to grab your baby.
Third, my cousin is also right on his blogging assumptions. I usually have much of the desire/content but lack the time. Also I think a third element must be added and that is timing. Certain other blogs that may or may not be linked to this blog do not handle the timing thing well. Once upon a time this blog did not have good timing, going monthly without a new post. However we seemed to have settled into an enjoyable rhythm now. But if one of the posters posted tomorrow and then another posted the following day, that would throw off the rhythm like Steven Guttenberg on Dancing with the Stars.
Fourth (and I know I am treading into Weltonian territory with this comment length)is that we are real bloggers...I've been to other blogs and you can't even make up your own name!!! How crazy is that?!?! It is like they actually want accountability. Quite frankly I agree with Blue Man, Tonya does seem to have a lot of time on her hands.
Fifth and Sixthy, I will be hosting a skype training for anyone traveling to Guam, so stop by or call me and I will help you out. However a few "upgrades" may need to occur to your computer and if you don't have a major piece of hardware then I know for certain what your going away gift will be winner winner.
Seventhist and lastly, a Xavi work update would be difficult because everyone would clearly be able to tell that I was doing no real work. However the good thing is that I don't think I do any real work anyway, so the difficulty comes in figuring out how to make blogging look like my non-work. I think you all are up to the task of figuring out how to make it happen. Also, I think I found a way to communicate my job in terms perhaps understandable to the reader. I am a telemarketer for the internet. Figure it out.
Xavi out...
sparky will be an iwaszkowiec so he/she will be doomed to have freakishly long toes. that's just the way it is. i like to think that this contributes to exceptional dolphin kick ability and soccer skills.
i don't know that i would have publicly admitted to the whole disney world t shirt thing, you are braver than i. i will add that if sparky ever has any long toed cousins they will probably never get to know the joys of huge suckers, space mountain, and hordes of foreigners waiting in line. i don't know how our parents put up with that place so many times. my dreadlocked future children will probably get dragged to the orlando watersports complex if we ever go to orlando.
speaking of which, like mdub i have a movie recommendation. my korean movie star friend and i went and saw never back down which is basically the mma karate kid. it was actually not bad. the bad guy is sadly no billy zabka but for the most part i enjoyed the film. i'll put it this way, if it is on tv you will not be able to turn it off.
ahh...the green t-shirt clan and being "that family" was funny. I decided that if I was going to Disney, I was going to embrace it and go "all in". AND the reality is that being dressed alike in crazy green was actually extremely helpful! locating any member of our party was relatively simple (even from far distances). I will show a picture as soon I get the disc full of florida fun.
toes will be long. fingers longer. we're hoping the kid is a monster. he/she's got the genes for that potential.
Korean movie star friend?
my friend whose name rhymes with bode, and who spent much of the last year in thailand, somehow managed to land a role in a large budget korean film that was filming in bangkok. apparently the movie is about the vietnam war and my bald, basketball playing friend plays an american soldier. needless to say i have people working on acquiring this film once it becomes available.
Post a Comment