Friday, April 11, 2008

Sick Day Poll

Well I'm home sick today and bored out of my mind. I'm pretty sure that I have pneumonia, or some similar upper respiratory infection type thing (I'm pretty sure it's pneumonia because a couple people I work with have it, it's highly contagious apparently, and I've displayed almost all of the symptoms according to WebMD). Coughing all night is great fun. Even more fun is sitting around all day not being able to do anything on my days off. And as anyone who went to college knows, doing nothing is only fun when you have lots of stuff to do. I'm not even missing work because I have Fridays off....(sigh).

So I'm going to steal an idea from my favorite radio show and administer a "sick day poll." I just enjoyed a Shakespeare's pizza for lunch and I'm watching Transgression (yes, again) and wishing it was summer. So that will explain questions 1 and 2 and my answers. Anyway here goes, feel free to answer all of following:

1) What's your favorite pizza place?

2) What's the best season?

3) Should Jon and Jo get a dog, a baby, or a piano?

4) What are you going to do with your check from George Bush?

5) Are the Cardinals for real?

You already know my thoughts on 1 and 2, for 3 I would say dog right now, I'm getting new tires for my truck courtesy of W, and for 5, yeah I think they are.

23 comments:

Jo said...

1. Giordano's, Pizza Hut, Cecil Whitaker's
2. Summer
3. d - all of the above
4. tires
5. yes, until they start getting injured

I only responded to this poll so that I could make known my feelings about question #3. Although I'm pretty sure you already knew. :-)

Anonymous said...

Go to the doctor. You might have bronchitis and not pneumonia. The important difference between the two is that with bronchitis, you can get a prescription for a wonderful narcotic cough medicine, thus enabling yourself to sleep. Sleep is necessary for healing to occur.

1- Imo's

2- The inevitable dragging on of each season makes me appreciate the next...so right now, summer

3- Don't get a dog, get a baby. I'm indifferent about the piano

4- No check for me, Mom and Dad still claim me as a dependent. It's okay though, I'm very thankful that I'll be graduating relatively debt-free, and have decided that my children will NOT be attending private universities.

5- Don't care

Anonymous said...

First off I have to tell you I love the show.

1. I have to go with Giordano's if I am in the vicinity and is cold enough to eat an extra giant pizza.
Pizza Hut is my all around pizza provider.


2. I think that Fall is the best season. The nice temperature, not too much rain. Good warm days and cool nights that allow jeans with flip flops.
Some may argue spring and fall are very similar, but I disagree and would argue fall is much drier and has a nicer temperature range with less humidity.

3. The standard formula seems to be dog->baby->piano. Obviously this could change, if you are allergic to dogs, hate music, or don't like kids. I think that for you all a dog would be best first simply because with how often you two are sick I don't know if a child would make it out of infancy before getting cholera or dysentary. And you can't get a piano until you over 40 it is a rule.

4. a HDTV

5. Yes, I remember the spirit of 82 and it is rising again. The cardinals are ready to soar!

Anonymous said...

first of all, i don't drink as much soda as you think i do. most of the times that we hang out are either friday nights/sunday nights when we all go out to eat. which is coincidentally when i drink soda. and we're not sick that much, rather we are headache magnets. this is one of the only reasons why i would not want to have children because along with having freakishly long toes my kids are pretty much guaranteed to suffer from migraines.
it's funny you mentioned dysentary because i did the whole oregon trail thing on facebook and you got dysentary xavi. don't worry though i got medicine for you. jojo was good at the hunting, she killed lots of buffalo and we ate well on the trail.
fall is a close second to summer in my book. winter is easily last.

Jo said...

As much as I hate to contribute to the gratuitous commenting on this blog, I must disagree with my husband. We do get a lot of headaches, but we have also been sick more than usual this past year. And not the morning kind, although sometimes we are sick in the morning.

Anonymous said...

lots to get to on this one so I'll jump right in.

i was a little bit shocked on the timing of this post. as referenced by Xavi in one of the previous post' comments, one of the great things about mcbloggerson is the timing of our posts. we typically don't post new until the old has run its course. as opposed to another blog that we know and love and that may or may not be linked to this page, those posters seem to have little sense of rhythm and timing and post "on top" of one another...HOWEVER, with that said, I understand that boredom and sickness can make us do odd things.

I love it how JO hates to post on our page. it is hilarious. deep down in places you don't want to talk about, you want us on the web, you need us on the web!

Korean movie star friend is hilarious. would love to hear the story of how some random asked him to be in a movie.

the poll:

1. there is a place down here called the "Memphis Pizza Cafe" and it is for real. they have this bbq/chicken pizza that is amazing. seriously.

2. summer summer summertime...another reason to think xavi and racher were adopted = #1 and #2 children LOVE summer more than all other seasons combined...

3. Jar's rules: don't get a dog until you've been married for at least 2 years. don't get a kid until you've been married for at least 3 years. don't get a piano until you come to grips with the reality that you will spend too much $ on it, not play it enough, be mad because it takes up too much space, and be patient to know that you won't start enjoying it until you get over the age of 50 (although, if my wife could play and sing I'm pretty sure I would make her give me private concerts 2-3 per week).

4. pay off debt.

5. I don't know, but people in memphis MIGHT love the Cardinals more than people in STL. I know the triple A minor league team is here and all, but there is a weird love/fascination with the STL cardinals.

Carlos said...

1) There is this place in S. Paulo that serves very thin pizzas fom the wood fired ovens and the coldest draft beer....

2) I have to say Fall with Summer a close second...

3) A baby for sure....Did Jo say she's having morning sickness?

4) I won't get one....I'm an immigrant and and they don't give them to us, even if we're legal...

5) Yes they're real, especially the red ones..I hear one singing in my backyard everytime I'm relaxing in my porch and sipping some Miracle of Canna...

Anonymous said...

1- Dine -in: MPC (*see aformentioned full spelling of full)name
Take-out: Mama Mia's (horribly cliche name, really good pizza)

2-spring or summer...I'll go with "spummer"

3-"get a baby?" Do we need to have THAT talk with a few of you?

4-That's kind of funny how we say it's a check "from George Bush". That's kind of like giving back the shovel that you borrowed from the neighbor and the neighbor saying "wow, thanks for giving me this great new shovel" (except for in this case the "you" is the government and the "neighbor" is you, and the shovel is actually your money that they took from your check in taxes).

5-I hope they are for real, I've got July 19th tickets (against the Padres)...anyone got space on the floor and/or sofa for me to crash?

Anonymous said...

i tell ya, i go out of town for three days and all of the sudden imos is everybodys favorite pizza. im not so sure i can leave in good concious now. those who have never dined in the corner booth with overly washed red towels draped across their laps and a fantastic shakes wheel at their fingertips have simply not lived. southern california is the best season. or you could call it mediteranian climate, the greeks and romans were on to something. im pretty sure their climate was responsible for boosting morale to hights where killing entire communites seemed an ok thing to do. im glad we have seasons, except the winter one. but without winter there would be no spring which despite the rain is the best. im not touching 3. if george can find me in guam ill vote for mccain. but not really. i agree withthe man in blue shorts drinking beer, cardinals are for real, i have seen them, therefore they must exist. but my friend in seattle claims to have never seen a cardinal, so is it possible for them to exist for me but not for him. is seeing really believing. or can we trust and put our faith in what others tell us to be true. what does a blind fellow think about all this. they must have lots of faith.

Carlos said...

If you can certify absolutely that you definitely do not have ebola, you can crash on one f our couches....

Anonymous said...

I've heard that ebola is actually a mutated form of the rabies virus, that, prior to the 1950's, did not exist in nature, but I will have to defer to the medical experts in our midst.

Anonymous said...

nothing is better than having ebola. lupus is better than nothing. having lupus is better than ebola.

Anonymous said...

while i will agree that imos is good, it is not even in the same league as shakespeare's, or even giordanos. this "memphis pizza cafe" you speak of is intriguing but i can tell you right now it's not as good as shakes. i would say we could go there this weekend but apparently we have plans for pretty much every mealtime already.

matt's right, southern california is the best season. and it has in n' out.

question 3 is kind of a joke between jojo and i. needless to say we will not be acquiring any of these 3 things anytime soon.

how bout this, i'm trading my old shovel for new tires.

i know i stepped on jar jar binks post here but i had time and content. (and that ties this comment into this post and the last one). your post got 8 comments, that's much better than certain other people's blogs.

Anonymous said...

Wow...every meal, that's quite an "OCD" indicator .

In regards to the post comparison- touche!

And finally, that's all.

Anonymous said...

I agree with cousin ebola that there is always time for pizza. I think we can make it work. we need you to get a taste so you can make a proper comparison.

cardinals may or may not exist depending on your point of reference, eyesight, and mental capacity.

I hear the only pizza joint on Guam is Imo's

Anonymous said...

Xavi Work Post: 10:15am

I just looked at the daily report while listening to the morning after. It is a nice day and I wish I was enjoying it. I am going to see real cardinals tomorrow night. I don't know how they will do against the brewers. I think if they poo in the brew then tthat will upset them, but who knows brewers seem pretty laid back. I think I will see which is more real, the brewers or the cardinals.

Carlos said...

I really resent remarks about a certain blog with no comments posted...

I thinks it is because I'm an immigrant and the church is woeffully short on treating us biblicaly... per Chris Seay(sp?)

What does a Beer Brewer got to do with a Bird? I'm lost....

The fundamental question is where is toothie going to play?

Anonymous said...

I don't think remarks about a certain blog were directed at you and your blue shorts...

toothie is going to milan.

Anonymous said...

so...toothie is going to milan to get some grease on his hair... I wish he wouldn't, I don't like cheering for them and adding him will only make me possibly like them more.

Where is Xavi headed? To Memphis, with a possible stop at a certain home of throwed rolls. I'll see you crazy kids in a couple of days.

Oh...and since this is my work blog...i am putting in groups, trying not to fall asleep. I am really tired. I get to go to the game tonight and see if cardinals are in fact real. exciting.

Anonymous said...

no amount of brazilians will make me like italian soccer. italy is like ku, i just can't like them.

my remarks about certain other blogs were not in fact referring to the blue shorts blog. they were actually aimed at certain people who say that they hate commenting on this blog. i have no idea what immigrants and chris seay, whoever he is, have to do with anything though.

as for meals in memphis, since we have the freedom to choose where we will eat i would like to go to on the border. i'm sure certain comment haters will want to go to chick-fil-a too.

Anonymous said...

I love the "names" that we come up with for the comments...they are sometimes better than the posts/comments themselves. good job people.

chik-fll-a (I never know how to spell it) is for real. but they are closed on Sundays so apparently lots of food is going to be consumed on Saturday.

Italian soccer is weird. I agree. I think it is because they are crazy.

looking forward to seeing everyone. the first wave of russians has landed. muckfest '08 has begun. and operation hand rail is in full swing. travel safely so you too can enjoy the shenanigans and tom foolery.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you all know, I am ok still here at my work, all of this earthquake action is crazy, don't they know this isn't california. Seriously. I heard chesterfield has a special soil saturation with all the water so that earthquakes do not affect it. That is just word on the street.

Anonymous said...

Man you guys really have no place to comment on the timing of posts on other blogs. You leave your posts to fester and die after the frenzy of comments is over. Put Sick Day Poll out of its misery, already.